Skills USA welding competition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada
    started a topic Skills USA welding competition.

Skills USA welding competition.

i was wondering if any one else competed in this welding competition in any other states. Im 17 and have been welding for 2 years, and placed 10th out of 80 in Arizona.

• Canada
    replied
    thanks, i had a great time, and im hoping that i can place top three next year after another year in the welding booth.

Leave a comment:

• weld_13
    replied
    no but i have heard of it my brother went to it for auto service and went to state and almost made it to nationals but placed to low. nice job

Leave a comment:

• srl_welder
    replied
    I was going to compete at AZ state, but then ended up doing the teamworks carpentry!

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    Congratulations on the competetion. My son just competed in Maryland state skills USA for HVAC and finished second. It was his first time there and he brought home a bunch of tools, snap-on screwdrivers, aviation [tin] snips, vise grips, uni-bits etc. A whole bag full. Probably about $500.00 worth. Pretty nice . And a $3000 scholarship to a trade school in conneticut. Maybe next year he can win. I think all the trade competitions are great

Leave a comment:

• JonnyTIG
    replied
    I competed in three BC provincial competitions back in the 90's. One which led me to the USSO VICA competiton in Kansas MO, some time around 95', which I placed 22 out of 58, and another which was the Canadian Nationals held in Montreal Canada 96', which I placed 2nd. A good friend of mine made it to the world competitions held in Switzerland the same year as the nationals in Montreal.

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied
    thanks. i placed 2nd in regionals out of 40, it is alot of fun beating the other second year students at my trade school, with me being a first year student

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    just wanted to say welcome.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    I almost got to go to regionals in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X