• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tacmig
    replied
    Ummmmm.

Originally posted by DDA52 View Post
    That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.
    Assuming said "naysayers" believe everything they read and hear. Do you believe everything the NY Times writes?. I'm finding some of the recent posts more like advertising.

Only my 2 cents....

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.

Leave a comment:

• Geronimo
    replied
    I've been on a tactical unit for 19yrs and I really like your Jersey Boot!!! We use a homemade battering ram and call it the "Key" because it will open just about any door in town. We use 3 of them and use them daily mostly on search warrant services (used one just last night on a weed house). Door breaching is a science/there's a lot more to it than just breaking down a door. The Jersey Boot incorporates a lot more than just busting in a door, ripping hinges, knobs, padlocks, windows, doors that open in and doors that open out, your tool seems to cover most aspects of door breaching. Congradulations on this device. Please get a patent on this device and develop a good marketing technique. There are numerous tactical magazines out there and nearly every state has a tactical event at least once a year, most involve swat competitions. I developed a "flashbang pole" about 10yrs ago, now a similar device is available for sale.
    From someone who has been in the Swat business for a long long time-good job, I speak for a lot of hard working guys when I say thanks for making our job safer!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It replaces the SWAT team tools. I took the constructive criticism with a grain of salt and that's ok. I just hate pessimism. I'll mention the liability stuff to them. I guess there will always be haters. One of the founders is a fulltime cop and SWAT team member while another is a fulltime sheriff's deputy and SWAT member and the third is an investor/lawyer. Like I said before, I am making some money off the first 100. It's been a fun jb but from here on out profits are theirs. I enjoyed making them and will be making some more prototypes for them soon. Dave
    Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Business is good. My shop isn't even done yet and I'm swamped with work.

Last time I talked with a swat team member, they didn't drive cruisers.

I also don't see how you can replace the camera, computer, shotgun, snare for animals, cones, flares, fire extinguisher and some first aid stuff or anything you mentioned with your boot. That's simply a fallacious response to what I said. Now if you wanted to mention all the stuff in the 60lb bag that this is going to replace, I would welcome that as a viable retort.

Please don't insult us by saying this replaces a lock pic set. It replaces a hammer and a step stool at 500x the cost. There's no regard for the property either. A responsible cop who isn't in hot pursuit (is anyone on foot in hot pursuit going to lug a 24# boot out of the trunk first?) would be better off choosing a more specialized tool for the array of uses your customers video depicts.

A shotgun will breech a door with more speed than your boot. And as you mentioned, they already have one in the car and it's not an ongoing expense either.

I think you're more into this thing than you'd like to admit. Did they pay you up front?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here's a pic.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Yup, case in point as to why I stay quiet here. Urban combat is a term that the swat and any other rapid response team uses. Whether you like the term or not is irrelavent. They use it daily and it is an accurate description of what they do. The military isn't the only one that uses the term. If they are executing a takedown, it is combat. Plain and simple.

If you don't like the guys work, what it does or how he types......now stay with me because this is difficult.....JUST DON"T SAY ANYTHING AND MOVE ON. There is absolutely no reason to keep after him. Turbo is doing a good thing, making money and helping the police and by extension, any they are helping at the time. Not one thing wrong with any of that. If you don't like it, fine. You were not consulted nor was that a requirement. Get over it and get on with it.

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    If you will re-read that you will see I am referring to the Military......and yes police officers operate in it as well

Leave a comment:

• Wacko Welder
    replied
    Uuuuuuuuum!

Originally posted by 84ZMike View Post
    urban combat environment .
    Mike
    Is not a term we really want to hear from our Tax Payer Funded Police . . .

That does not rhyme with To Protect & To Serve @ all . . . .

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Turbo...the guys (I use that term very loosely as some probably wear dresses) who are downing the boot have in my eyes zero tactical experience.... I see the boot as a very useful tool...have they tested it pulling doors...I know the hooks most SWAT uses are a one shot deal when pulling doors and window bars etc.....if I was still in uniform I would pass it up the chain of command ( I will look thru my contacts and see who I still know)and I feel it would be a good tool to have in an urban combat environment .
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• kcstott
    replied
    Originally posted by Wacko Welder View Post
    Any chance you will share the plans or drawings . . . ? I had to ask . . . .

:-)
    Not when he's making money with it.

Leave a comment:

• Wacko Welder
    replied
    Plans

Any chance you will share the plans or drawings . . . ? I had to ask . . . .

:-)

Leave a comment:

• kcstott
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    Who agrees that it's time for this thread to fad away peacefully?

TacMig
    Posting only bumps it up so you are defeating your own purpose

Leave a comment:

• BamaBob
    replied
    There is a "retired" welder in my town who made a bloody fortune producing specialized products for the jail industry. Every industry has its niche needs, including law enforcement. I say congrats for innovation, imagination and success in introducing and producing a product that is apparently of value to its users! Good job. That's the American way, and I hope you end up building a great business.

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    Who agrees????

Who agrees that it's time for this thread to fad away peacefully?

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• Fishy Jim
    replied
    Business is good. My shop isn't even done yet and I'm swamped with work.

Last time I talked with a swat team member, they didn't drive cruisers.

I also don't see how you can replace the camera, computer, shotgun, snare for animals, cones, flares, fire extinguisher and some first aid stuff or anything you mentioned with your boot. That's simply a fallacious response to what I said. Now if you wanted to mention all the stuff in the 60lb bag that this is going to replace, I would welcome that as a viable retort.

Please don't insult us by saying this replaces a lock pic set. It replaces a hammer and a step stool at 500x the cost. There's no regard for the property either. A responsible cop who isn't in hot pursuit (is anyone on foot in hot pursuit going to lug a 24# boot out of the trunk first?) would be better off choosing a more specialized tool for the array of uses your customers video depicts.

A shotgun will breech a door with more speed than your boot. And as you mentioned, they already have one in the car and it's not an ongoing expense either.

I think you're more into this thing than you'd like to admit. Did they pay you up front?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X