X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Bmxin^Bjorn

• Bmxin^Bjorn
    replied
    this is my idea: don't bother getting a welding truck just make or buy a trailer.. any vehicle can tow a trailer.

Leave a comment:

• Darmik
    replied
    Business eh

Well like HMW said for now get a welding job and start your own business that's how I started and well still do "however be warned" lets say that you find a job in the commerical truck business dont be doing that kinda of work at home because that just became a conflict of interest your fired try and convince your boss that you are not stealing business away from them.and how do they find out you ask well when you open your mouth about what you are doing on the side to a friend at work or invite a friend from work over to your place and they say hey whats this you should'nt be doing this kind of work man if the boss ever found out as soon as your friend say's that you just gotta know your F#@ked ! Just keep it to your self at work whatever you decide to do.O ya and congratulations on the welding school
    As for business there is quit afew people on the motorsports side that could give you alittle more input talk to coalsmoke ,weldingrod,fusionking , KB fabrications,Pipeline Dan, aametalmaster just to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• woogawelder

• woogawelder
    replied
    MD Welder

Clarify if you could for me as I'm not sure I understand you correctly. When you said you cant imagine hiring anyone, how come? The reason I wanna do this immediately is because I believe I'm gonna have the startup costs completely covered. Since my dad passed I live at home with my mother takin care of the heavy labor around the house so Im not gonna need much to support myself and I feel that this sort of business should only have minimal overhead costs. Keep the advice comin fellas!!

Leave a comment:

• MD Welding

• MD Welding
    replied
    As much as I hate to say it, get jobs and make contacts. You can never have enough. I can't imagine ever hiring anyone.

Mike MD Welding & Fabricating

Leave a comment:

• HMW

• HMW
    replied
    Can you find enough work right off to support yourself? Most guys usually get a job as a welder and do it on the side too. Then when they get enough work they move over for themselves.

Good luck and congratulations on the welding school

Leave a comment:

• MAC702

• MAC702
    replied
    Grants for starting up a business?

Anyway, I just listed my 96 Dodge 1-ton diesel on eBay. I've been using it for a welding truck for two years. E-mail me with any questions about it. I also still happen to have the trailer I built for it, but wound up putting all the equipment on the truck after using the trailer for a year.

Leave a comment:

• woogawelder

• woogawelder
    started a topic I want to be my own boss!!!!

I want to be my own boss!!!!

Ill be graduating from welding school this coming fall. Now some might say I'm jumpin on this too quick but if I dont do it now I never will. I wanna start just a normal portable business. There arent many portable welders in this area so I think it will work. Ive already got paperwork in for grants to cover start up costs. Now what I need help with is findin a decent truck and trailer. I think Ive got a pretty good idea of the machinery I need but the vehicle is a different story. The way I figure you other entrepenures(spelling) probably went through this too. Any advice on manufacturers or retailers would be so greatly appreciated. Good day!
Working...
X