Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere Gator Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HMW
    replied
    Its a very handy machine. I got a great deal on it. I bought it from a golf course. It had quite running on them so they overhauled the engine [kawasaki]. After they put it together and used it once it quite again, so they took it apart again. When I stopped by to pick up another piece of equipment it was sitting in the corner with the engine in a box. In pieces. I asked if they wanted to sell and they were disgusted with the thing. I gave them $100.oo for it. Took it home and had to put the engine back together to see what was wrong with it. It had a bad Ignition module was all [$135.00]
    So I have a grand total of $235.00 in my John Deere Gator. It has a hydraulic dump and all. So check out your local golf courses for their junk. Sometimes they have stuff they no longer want to fool with

    Leave a comment:


  • fun4now
    replied
    nice job, looks real pro. job.
    i gotta get off my but and get back to building me one of them i took last year off to build a bigger shop so i guess i'll use it this year to try to finish my yard truck, just was not enough room in the old shop to put it togather.

    Leave a comment:


  • HMW
    replied
    Yes it is. I have done quit a bit of welding over the years, but never really messed with sheet metal much. So of course I bent a couple of pieces in the wrong direction But I still like messing with the brake.

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard
    replied
    HMW,

    good job on those finders, looks like those finders will give you years of use
    isn't it fun when you build things for yourself .

    good job

    Leave a comment:


  • HMW
    started a topic John Deere Gator Project

    John Deere Gator Project

    Made some sheet metal front fenders for my old John Deere gator. Originally it had plastic ones that were broke when I bought it and have since fell completely off , So after owning the thing for 8 yrs I decided to make new ones. I used 16 ga sheet metal. It took 4 pcs per fender. I used 1/4" rod around the gear shifter so it wouldn't rub just on the sheet metal. I should have took pics when i was making them but didn't think of it untill I was finished. Now longer mud covered feet from the rear wheels.
    Attached Files
Working...
X