Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one ever make a tow dolly or a lift for a pickup to pull cars like the repo guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1930case
    replied
    The place to lurk for towing info is the Tow411 forum.

Ample pics of any sort of tow rig from antique to new. It's a site for professionals, and professional behavior is expected if you post. There is so much information there you likely won't need to. They also discuss good parts vendors (important so you can both meed industry standards and produce a quality product).

http://www.tow411.net/

BTW you can copy proprietary parts for yourself, but can't sell equipment based on infringing intellectual property. Visit any company website that has parts book downloads and you can get many ideas to combine in whatever you build.
    Last edited by 1930case; 07-10-2010, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    i can post pics of a repo set up made by dynamic, but you would have to settle the score with them if you build one. there are only 2 repo bed makers (that i am aware of) and 1 of them isnt doing so well, the other is dynamic.........other than the boom, its a simple set up

Leave a comment:

• jm1980
    replied
    Creating a tow dolly

Here is a link to a site that has the parts of a tow truck dolly broken down. Hope it helps http://www.towtruckdolly.com/Parts.html

Leave a comment:

• mcshawnboy
    replied
    Re:Flux This

Take it easy on me as I'm new to this venue & haven't welded in some time. Sorry if I got the wrong impression that free plans were to be had here. High in the results was this page & this info: [wow!! when you said a set of plans you were not kidding. thats one sweet tow dolly, way nicer than i need but it should realy help get me] Seeing Miller in the URL lead me to believe to draw in potential customers Miller was hosting free plans.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    I think its been said here before - if you don't like what someone says or what someone asks all you have to do is ignore it. You don't have to be an a$$hole about it. Especially when you just pop into the scene. Not all of us are the genius you obviously are. Not all of us have much, if any budget to work with. I'm a lurker - I don't pretend to know anything. I appreciate all the great information, all the great ideas that I have seen here. I have asked for plans for a few things myself. If you don't want to provide them don't. Simple as that. You don't have go into a tirade - like a 5 year old - my 5 year old grandson isn't that bad. Take a pill and chill out. I'll bet that this is just the first of your mouthing off. Grow up.

Leave a comment:

• Badd00SS
    replied
    Originally posted by Slash View Post
    They're almost as bad as the guys who drag up dead topics.

yeahh... lol j/k

Leave a comment:

• Slash
    replied
    Originally posted by FluxThis View Post
    I wasn't directing this towards you, it was the other single post leaches..

They're almost as bad as the guys who drag up dead topics.... and steal avatars.
    Last edited by Slash; 02-06-2009, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    FluxThis
    I wasn't directing this towards you,

great, dose that mean your not making me a trailer ???

LOL never took it personal, just having some fun. welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• FluxThis
    replied
    I wasn't directing this towards you, it was the other single post leaches..

Thank you for the welcome! Glad to be here..

I usually don't get so mad so fast, but I was intrested in the post and just got pissed as I was reading it..

I'm okay now

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    great offer

FluxThis
    why don't I just build the darn thing also and ship it to you for free!

WOW!!
    thats great of you to offer, I'll e-mail you my address . how long till ya think you could ship me the trailer ??

LOL. i just had to do it.

by the way, welcome to the forum. i been bizz-Aya and not on as much of late, must have missed your first post.

Leave a comment:

• FluxThis
    replied
    Rant!

My God! Someone says they have plans and the darn thread just gets filled with beggers!!

GO OUT AND BUY THEM!!! They are copywritten!

Please quit wasting everyones time with a thread filled asking for FREE $hit!

Nothing pisses me off more then crap like this!

Be creative and come up with your own! It's okay to ask for help but when ask for plans why stop there, why don't I just build the darn thing aslo and ship it to you for free!

The whole welding project section (photo area) is filled with "man love to get a copy of your plans" or "I need a copy of the plan for my senior project"

And it's always the guys with one or two posts, then you never hear from them again! I know I'm new here but not looking for FREE PLANS!

I just seen how dated this post is, oh well, still makes me mad..

Last edited by FluxThis; 02-05-2009, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mycountryroses
    replied
    tow dolly, 4 down and boat trailer

Tow dollys are very hard to find. I would be so grateful
    if anyone has a copy of dabr39 's tow dolly plans they
    could send to me. I need to build a tow dolly this spring.

Also if anyone has or knows how to make a 4 down hitch
    for an RV we need to make one of those too.

My son wants us to make him a boat trailer for 24'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Email me for my address if you have things to snail mail.
    I am happy to pay for copys or cds of plans.

Thank you. Rose

Leave a comment:

• amos1968
    replied
    plans

I too would love to see a copy of these plans

Leave a comment:

• ecc12
    replied
    Thank You

Thank You
    I understand I'm A computer tec.
    I will be looking forward for the plans when you do get them.
    If you have a working computer you can slave the crashed harddrive to the working one and retrieve the files this way.
    If you need help I will be happy to help ya.
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• grahambr
    replied
    finaly tracked it down

here is the only photo I could get of it
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X