Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireburner
    replied
    thougt I would let y`all know the fence works good ain`t been no deer in it since we put peanut butter un aluimn fol

Thank Y`all alot

Leave a comment:

• vega
    replied
    Originally posted by wireburner View Post
    I `am building a fence 4 my Grandpa around his garden to keep the deers out ,the post are going to be rebar 5ft. above ground,any idea how else to keep the deer out? i have to weld a ft. or 2 pice on the already 5ft rebar

Ever here of "liquid fence"???? This is no joke!!!!! It's all organic and you spray it directly on the plants.....Smells real bad but it works....I live in the sticks of northern N.J. and Deer visit my yard all the time as sometimes they bed down right in my yard...But they don't bother my veggies or the wifes plants

You can get it at most garden centers....Don't try Home Depo or Lowes as they don't carry it or try on line.........Good luck

Leave a comment:

• sjmiller
    replied
    WireBurner

I have two Koi ponds in my backyard - my only pests are "great blue Herons". There is a Sprinkler that has a motion detector that will blast critters.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    glockdoc
    are you saying wild pigs showed up and id that to your yard .
    dammmmm!! i know i would be having fresh bacon if pigs were doing that to my yard. thats gotta realy piss you off.
    i would shoot them even if i lived inside city limits. or get me a bow, one way or another they would run out of local wild pigs fast in my neabor hood.

Leave a comment:

• bob_e95482
    replied
    Or go to the zoo & get big cat manure.

Leave a comment:

• petersenj20
    replied
    I've heard that human hair will keep them away. Dudes come into the barber shop all the time and take loads of it for this purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    OH NO!!! NOT WILBUR FROM CHARLOTTE'S WEB !!!!

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied
    Originally posted by glockdoc View Post
    If you think the deer are bad news wait until the pigs show up looking for dinner.
    Pork chops on tomorrow's menu?

Leave a comment:

• glockdoc
    replied
    If you think the deer are bad news wait until the pigs show up looking for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• gunnut4570
    replied
    deer

Nothing better than deer jerky.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    YOU KILLED BAMBI AND HIS MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ummmm tasty.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    YOU KILLED BAMBI AND HIS MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jason280
    replied
    You'd be surprised at what deer can get used to, especially to the point it doesn't even bother them anymore. The motion sensors will work for a time, but they will get used to it and won't even pay it any attention after a while. Growing up, my neighbor had a farm and we grew peas every year in one of the back fields. The deer did major damage, and were eating about as much as we picked. The field was too large to fence, so my neighbor bought some kind of noise cannon that worked off propane. It sounded like a gun going off, and it went off at random times. This worked for about a week, but then the deer would just stand there when it went off. It got to the point they wouldn't even pay it any attention. We finally got a crop permit from the DNR, which allowed us to cull a few of the deer. One evening I was sitting on the field, and two deer walked out to work the peas over. I shot the first one, and the second never even lifted his head (and never did again ).

If you are going to fence in the area, make it tall. Deer are remarkable jumpers, esprcially when they find something they like to eat!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    LOL cool idea, i have seen aluminum pie plates hanging near gardens but i figured it was for birds. looks like it was there to load with PB

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    i just found out that if you put peanut butter on alu. foil and put it on the fence the deer will lick the peanut butter and get shocked and will not come back

Leave a comment:

Working...
X