No announcement yet.

New small mig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dug out my parts book and it looks like all the small and larg mig guns are the same in respect to defusers being changeable.i did not see any that were not changeable.
    Millers
    M-10, M-15, M-25, M40, GA16C & C1, GA17C, GA20C, GA21C &CM all alow change
    hobarts
    H-9,H-10, piecemaker 14-A/20-A all alow change
    and
    the bernard Q150, Q200/300/400/500 and the SW4's all alow change out of defuser.
    not shore where he got his info? could be he just could not get one off and just figured it was not removable, or he had a cheap off brand that was not removable and just figured all the lil guns were like it. it could also be he called his LWS asking about a replacement defuser for his gun and the guy looking in the book did not know any thing about MIG guns as many are not all called defusers in the book but rather "adapter,nozzle" so some one not knowing what he was looking for could easily told him "they don't make a replacement defuser cuzz its not in my book" eather way its the same with all the above guns, they are all changeable, reguardless of what its called.
    i have no info on any other brands so its possible others may not be removable but i would think all the main players would have a removable defuser.
    hopes this helps.
    James
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]rkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Take a look at pg 30....it is for the H10 gun on the HH140 (also used on Millers and called a M10...... mine on my HH140 even has Miller right on it)

http://www.hobartwelders.com/owners_manuals/index.html
      Mike
      George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
      Fear is temporary, regret is forever
      HH210 with SG

Comment

I just pulled off the defusser from a passport gun and it's part number 169716, and the defusser part number on my MM140AS M-10 gun is, guess what? number 169716. Guess someone is trying to sell extra parts .
        Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
        Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
        Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
        Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Parts

Well guy's thats why I like this site and thank you all now I can do something eles on the weekend and o ya the wife thanks you to I guess my honey do list just got bigger ha ha ha ha did I say thanks alot guy's yet

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown
            I just pulled off the defusser from a passport gun and it's part number 169716, and the defusser part number on my MM140AS M-10 gun is, guess what? number 169716. Guess someone is trying to sell extra parts .
            I like that as it should help to keep cost down for Miller / Hobart and thus the end user as well......not only for the initial purchase of the welder , but with maint. / consumable parts as well.
            Mike
            George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
            Fear is temporary, regret is forever
            HH210 with SG

Comment

dosent the passport use the M-10 gun. why would you expect it to be diferent ??
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                dosent the passport use the M-10 gun. why would you expect it to be diferent ??
                I didn't, someone else did Post #12
                Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by chub380 View Post
                  I want to thank everyone who gave input on the small mig. I ended up getting a hh140.
                  Matt,
                  good to hear you went with a proven unit.

Comment

I didn't, someone else did
                    i see.
                    chub380
                    congrats on the new toy, enjoy.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

Commets as a user.
                      There are a few things that I really like about the Passport (I borrow one from Miller about once a month). I usually run it off of my Trailblazer and here are what it does that a standard MM 140 does not:
                      • The case is plastic and has skid rails on one side so I can drag it accross concrete and not worry about scratching it up.
                      • I lay it on its side and because of its low profile, can have it by me in tight spaces like under a trailer or car.
                      • Because I use it away from convienent power, I run it off of my Trailblazer and don't have to worry about hauling around a larger gas bottle.
                      • Because of the built in storage bag, it is so easy to carry around. The gun, power cord, and extra gas bottle all fit in nice and neat.

Keep in mind that I have not dished out cash for one, but its unique features sure make it handy.
                      Have a great day!

John Leisner
                      Product Manager
                      Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
                      Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
                      Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
                      Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Comment

(I borrow one from Miller about once a month).
                        now thats what i call a sweet perk. man i gotta get a job with Miller.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

It's fun to borrow it Not much fun to give it back.
                          Have a great day!

John Leisner
                          Product Manager
                          Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
                          Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
                          Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
                          Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                            ...and even though its mostly plastic miller seems to have chosen the right plastic as i have not herd of any one breaking a case. if you have the work to justify it the passport is a great choice. ...
                            It looks like the thermoplastic that companies like Storm use in their transit cases. In fact, it looks a lot like a Storm case. We use their cases for transporting electronic test equipment. They make all sizes, and some of ours are pretty big, especially when running through the airport. Short of it is, those cases are meant to take a beating. If they can handle the abuse UPS/FedEx/DHL/etc. can throw at them, they'll handle just about anything!

Dave

Comment

i'm thinking its the same plastic used for there field mig setups for the engen drives . the suitcase welders. being as the new 2007 modle is now black they can now use the same case pice for eather as befor they used the same mol;d but diferent collor now they are both black, likly to keep the price down on both units. but if you look closely at both you will see its looking verry similer. i think miller should have stuck with a blue case as it looks better and less like a lincoln or atleast make the bag blue?? but then i dont work in the design department so my opinion dose not much count, i dont have that power.
                              no matter what it is its defenetly some good solid stuff thats for shore. after all plastics have come a long way.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Miller John View Post
                                Commets as a user.
                                There are a few things that I really like about the Passport (I borrow one from Miller about once a month). I usually run it off of my Trailblazer and here are what it does that a standard MM 140 does not:
                                The one thing a Hobart 140 does better then a passport, is run on a way smaller generator. I ran one with a Yamaha 2400 inverter and it worked really nice (full output). I tried the same thing with the passport and it blinked and struggled and then shutdown completely with some kind of failure. I like tapped migs for suspect power over most, if not all inverter migs. Former passport owner. I am not sure if the MM-140 would be any better then the Passport but the Hobart sure is pretty neat, in that you can run it off of a 70 pound generator. I am pretty sure the passport would run fine on the next size up Yamaha. The 2800 inverter. It weighs the same but makes a bit more noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X