• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford ahead of Dodge!

Another Cummins headed to the shop.

I know this will bite me in the azz later
    Attached Files

You should have loaded it on your faltbed so you could just dump it off at the shop

Hope my Ford don't lay down now.....
    Jeff

Comment

Well Carl, at least you're not trailering the Dodge so you will have a ride home from the Ford garage!
      Scott

Comment

The 6.0 Fords have turbo problems and Dodges have electrical and 5 speed manuel transmissions grenading.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScout View Post
          The 6.0 Fords have turbo problems and Dodges have electrical and 5 speed manuel transmissions grenading.
          And thats why ford is going to the 6.4 in 2008.
          LU 537
          3rd year refrigeration apprentice

Comment

Originally posted by lowestcerberus View Post
            And thats why ford is going to the 6.4 in 2008.
            So it can have turbo AND transmission problems?

I had a 2003 dodge CTD and loved it.... 33000 miles without a single visit to the dealer.... **** why did I get rid of it?

Comment

Buy gm, I could tow both at once and give you a ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc1999 View Post
                Buy gm, I could tow both at once and give you a ride home.
                You know the GM's are rated to tow 12,000lbs and the Ford and Dodges have a 15,000lb towing capacity. Considering my dads Ford weights almost 11,000lbs full of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by dkizerian View Post
                  So it can have turbo AND transmission problems?

I had a 2003 dodge CTD and loved it.... 33000 miles without a single visit to the dealer.... **** why did I get rid of it?
                  Have you heard about the Dodges grenading 5 speed tranny problem. Where it will shoot a bearing threwthe side of the tranny.

Comment

the dodge caravans were bad about the transmission (auto) tearing up at about 60,000 miles, now the same thing is happening with the pt cruisers which breaks my heart cause I like the styling. My frend has a 65 barracuda so I am a fan from way back. The only car company I really hate is Mazda. I have a mazda miata 2000, they made a bunch of bad engines. the thrust bearings fall into the sump and the crankshaft grinds itself against the block. The resulting swarf gets sucked up by the oil pickup and ruins what is left of the engine. I had one die at 25000 miles, no help from mazda and the replacement engine had the same problem. I caught that one before it let go and was able to fix it by pulling engine and fitting the proper thrust bearings. Mazda s**ks.

Comment

You're the only person I've heard thats had that much problems with a Miata.

Comment

That is why I got a Duramax. No mechanical problems to date with 43k miles on it. I have to say it is hands down the best truck I have ever owned.

Comment

Say what you want about the Dodges...they work better than the blue ovals for me. My last one, a 99 with a 5sp lasted 133,000 and was still strong as an ox. It had only two trips to the mech...a bad clutch and a bad exhaust manifold. With the hard pulling miles I put on it, I don't consider that too awful bad.

we won't talk about the cracked cummins Hey, it was still pulling when I got rid of it. The 07 I have replaced it with is even more of a pulling beast. Will be interesting to see how it shapes up.
                          Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                          '06 12RC feeder
                          Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                          Esab Multimaster 260
                          Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

all this dodge is better ford is better it all comes down to which guy was partying the night before the truck was built. My friend has a chevy truck and has I think 160,000 and never had a single problem. My dad has a chevy van and it isn't worth a poo. I have a jeep wrangler and it isn't worth a darn.
                            everyone has there problems it just takes a few years to work the buggs outta them.

Comment

Dodge/Ford

Ford does have a great cab on the inside lots of power outlets, more like an
                              office on wheels Dodge has always from day one had a tough work truck
                              hard to beat, but I'd have to say Dodge takes it hands down. The big deal around Alberta was Ford always had way more room on the inside of their trucks then Dodge did. Welcome to the world of a bigger cummins and a
                              way bigger "MEGA CAB" Did we say anything about the Chev, HMMMM no
                              I dont think we did? Is their anything to say about them? Ohh ya I do, It rides like a fine car.
                              DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                              PIPEPRO 304
                              TO MANY TOOLS
                              JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                              rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                              and easily upset
                              go flames go

Comment

Working...
                              X