TIG Torchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG Torchs

I am looking into a series 9 torch for use with my TA185 (and possibly a new D200DX). When I looked on Arc-Zone's website before the hoildays I thought the prices was lower than they are now, considerably lower. Have tig torches shot up in cost recently?

Anyway, I am also curious who's torches everybody prefers. I have used both the CK17R with standard cables and a DB20 with superflex cables. I really like the size and feel of the Diamondback torch. As a result, I have been leaning toward the Weldcraft since they made the Diamondback. Would I likely notice any difference between say a CK9 and a WP9 if both had the superflex cables? Also, if considering a flex head does anybodies stand head and shoulders above the rest?

Thanks in advance for the input
    SolidWorks Premium
    SolidWorks Simulation Pro
    MM210 w/3035
    TA185TSW
    DG Piranha II
    Sharpie Deluxe
    Stars & Stripes BWE
    Blue Optrel Satellite

Originally posted by katiebo View Post
    I am looking into a series 9 torch for use with my TA185 (and possibly a new D200DX). When I looked on Arc-Zone's website before the hoildays I thought the prices was lower than they are now, considerably lower. Have tig torches shot up in cost recently?

Anyway, I am also curious who's torches everybody prefers. I have used both the CK17R with standard cables and a DB20 with superflex cables. I really like the size and feel of the Diamondback torch. As a result, I have been leaning toward the Weldcraft since they made the Diamondback. Would I likely notice any difference between say a CK9 and a WP9 if both had the superflex cables? Also, if considering a flex head does anybodies stand head and shoulders above the rest?

Thanks in advance for the input
    I have 5 torchs and they are all CK, I did like the DB when they were available but they were priced way beyond what they were worth to me. I looked at the welcraft and while they are very nice I still prefered the CK ones. If you want to look at CK prices check here www.tigstore.com. Thinking about a D200DX huh? I really ike the one I have, now if all this darn snow would go away and I could get the Mini Cooper out of the garage, I could fire up the heater and get some tiggin' done.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Another vote for CK flex head with superflex cables.

Comment

Sundown,
        Do you happen to have a series 9 flexhead? If so, how do you like it?
        SolidWorks Premium
        MM210 w/3035
        TA185TSW
        DG Piranha II
        Sharpie Deluxe
        Stars & Stripes BWE
        Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

prices

Sorry, have to admit we had significant price increases from the manufacturer, so we had to pass them along!
          Carmen Electrode (Arc-Zone.com)
          CarmenElectrode.com

powered by... Arc-Zone.com (R) Inc.

Comment

I have CK 9 flex head with 2 piece superflex cables very nice. I also have a Trimline 210 flex head with 2 piece superflex cables .

Comment

Thanks you all for the input. Now I just have to make a decision, fixed head or flex head.
              SolidWorks Premium
              MM210 w/3035
              TA185TSW
              DG Piranha II
              Sharpie Deluxe
              Stars & Stripes BWE
              Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

well you can always use a flex head as a standerd one but it dont go the other way.
                i have herd too much flexing leads to problems but no one pinned down what too much was, so i dont know the milage expected out of one. just some thing to keep in mind.
                one of each would be ideal but may be caust probited.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by katiebo
                  Sundown,
                  Do you happen to have a series 9 flexhead? If so, how do you like it?
                  Yep, I do have a CK9F with a one peice superflex cable and it is my favorite along with the CK20 to use for low amps. I just bought a CK210 (same as a #17 but rated to 200 amps) and a CK9P, I havn't had to chance to use them yet do the cold weather here, but the quality is great on both of them.
                  Regards, George

Comment

Thanks you all for the input. Now I just have to make a decision, fixed head or flex head.
                    If you get a CK or Welcraft you should be fine with a flexhead, my friend has had three of the #20 welcraft clones and they all broke after about 3-6 months from flexing the head. I prefer a fixed head for normal work and the pencil type if I need to get in a strange angle, thats why I only have one flexhead (it's the CK9F), I think it kinda depends on what kind of work you will be doing most of.
                    Regards, George

Comment

Thanks for the input George, it is greatly appreciated.
                      SolidWorks Premium
                      MM210 w/3035
                      TA185TSW
                      DG Piranha II
                      Sharpie Deluxe
                      Stars & Stripes BWE
                      Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

3rd option might be a swivel head torch by CK. I have the FL1525V, a 150 amp air cooled 3 series and like it a lot. I just got the FL2525SF, a 250 amp water cooler superflex 3 series but have yet to use it.

http://www.ckworldwide.com/flex-loc.htm
                        Cheers,
                        Chris

PipePro350 SS,Pro300 SS,X-tremeVS,Dynasty200DX,MM251, SA-200 Redface,SA-200 Shorthood,SAE-300

Comment

I only have 1 fixed headed torch

And it's the weldcraft MT 125. The rest of my torches are Tec Torch flex heads. Most of my work is cylinder head and intake welding and the flex headed torch make my life a lot easier. I've had all my flex headed torches on my 300dx for almost 4 years now without a problem what so ever. If you take care of a flex head and don't bend it into a pretzel they last.
                          Mike. R

Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125}
                          MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
                          Miller portable spot welder
                          Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

Comment

Working...
                          X