Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    Pile Buck
    holly cow man,$7.85 for one little fitting. thats nuts, talk about robbing you blind.
    Welp, if you find a better online place, please let me know! I probably could have called the bigger steel suppliers in Seattle for 2-inch and 1 1/2-inch pipe, but I only have dies up to 1-inch , have you seen the price for 1 1/2 and 2-inch dies?

Comment

i'm not saying there is a beter price out there just thinking its high for 2"'s of threaded pipe i know aluminum prices are high but realy, thats just wrong to charge so much for so little. maybee i'll just move around the ones that are on the tank now and see if i can work some thing out with whats there.
      i guess i better be carfull not to screw them up in the process.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        just thinking its high for 2"'s of threaded pipe
        Well yeah, isn’t everything over priced? Well except your wages!

Actually that was the price for a 1 1/2-inch pipe “cap”

The price for a 2-inch x 4-inch sch 40 pipe nipple was $8.54
        And for 1 1/2-inch x 3-inch sch 40 pipe nipple was $4.17

Comment

Hey Carl-a little late, but here is an online suppier that lists aluminum tank flangeshttp://store.wagaero.com/index.php?cPath=601_150
          Looks like they have 1/8" to 2", $10-12 each, might help the next person building an AL tank.

Comment

Hey thanks Sbi1! That’s a great site, just what I was looking for. Almost got me to thinking about cutting the pipe nipples back out, and ordering these tank flanges!

Na, I’m to lazy for that , but next time for sure. Or maybe I’ll give this tank to my buddy Jack, and built me a better one!

Comment

now thouse are nice, with a ring for welding and every thing. now thats werth paying a few extra $'s for, should make welding them on a sinch.
              thanks for the link.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Working...
              X