MM140 plain Vs. MM140 auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM140 plain Vs. MM140 auto

Looks like if you get the plain version you can turn WFT on or off, but it also looks like the auto version does not have WST as a option. It's hard to know for sure as the owners manuals are not posted yet, hopefully my LWS will have the auto version to test soon. I can't think of anytime I would need to use WST anyway and I would like to see how close auto get me to where I want to be.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

WFS Track

Sundown

I am the Miller's Product Manager for the Millermatic 140 with Auto-Set. We did not include wire feed speed track in the Auto-Set model. The Auto-Set features take all the guess work out of setting up the welder and replaces WFS track.

You can operate the machine in manual mode, you set wire feed speed and voltage and have it your way, or you can use Auto-Set. I am very sure you will like the Auto-Set mode, the setting are turned for a comfortable travel speed, if you want to go faster turn the material thickness up a gauge or down a gauge to travel slower or when your going out of position.

If you get a chance to weld with MM140 W/ Auto-Set your going to like the way the machine starts. The Smooth-Start does what is says, we have work long and hard to make it a sweet starting machine.

Just a short sales pitch! Have a great day and a wonderful Holiday!

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by PMKen View Post
      Sundown

I am the Miller's Product Manager for the Millermatic 140 with Auto-Set. We did not include wire feed speed track in the Auto-Set model. The Auto-Set features take all the guess work out of setting up the welder and replaces WFS track.

You can operate the machine in manual mode, you set wire feed speed and voltage and have it your way, or you can use Auto-Set. I am very sure you will like the Auto-Set mode, the setting are turned for a comfortable travel speed, if you want to go faster turn the material thickness up a gauge or down a gauge to travel slower or when your going out of position.

If you get a chance to weld with MM140 W/ Auto-Set your going to like the way the machine starts. The Smooth-Start does what is says, we have work long and hard to make it a sweet starting machine.

Just a short sales pitch! Have a great day and a wonderful Holiday!

Ken
      Ken,

Thanks for the heads up. I will be testing the MM140 & the Lincoln 140C side-by-side hopefully in early Jan 07 at my LWS. I would include the HH140 with that test but I was a field tester on the orignial HH140 so I know what it is capaible of. The smooth start feature sounds interesting and I can't wait to give it a try, I may need to get the local Miller rep to give me some help as my LWS wants to wait on getting a MM140 in until he sells out the current MM135's. I told him to get them on sale and he said he would think about it so maybe that will help hurry things up. Funny thing is I remember doing a survey about this auto feature a few years ago asking if I thought it was a good idea, I said no ... well proves you can't be right, or predict the future all the time . Again thanks for the information, and you have a great holiday and new year.
      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Me and a friend of mine just tested the Lincolin and the Miller 140 side by side, and he ended up taking home the Miller with the Auto-Set. Both machines weld really good, but the auto set is a nice feature for a novice like him. Now I am just trying to get him to find some time to get it out of the box and start using it.

Tobin
        MM251
        Miller Dialarc HF-P 310 Amp Tig
        Victor O/A Setup
        Lincolin 225Amp Buzzbox
        Cummins Freak

Comment

it dose look like a simple setup for the weekend hoby guy just fixing stuff around the house, and with the option to turn off all the helping options the old timers that want the feel they want should be happy too. looks like a win win situation.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

The 140 is like a auto exposure camera, auto is fine but there are times when you want full control and select manual control.
            I tried a 140 auto for a friend, was impressed for the machine it is, now said friend is happy and learning to weld.
            In the shop is a 12x36 lathe and a Bridgeport mill, just for hobby.

Blue in the blood:

Synchrowave 91 350
            Millermatic 251 w/30A Spoolmatic

Comment

Working...
            X