Spoolgun workout!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolgun workout!!!!

Yesterday i welded in my neighbors dump truck bed with my spoolgun to get the reach. I used 4 1/2 rolls of .030 S6 steel wire before my feet hit back on the ground. I don't know who else uses 4 rolls at one sitting but the spoolgun was perfect, more than i can say about my legs . There was a guy bad mouthing the little spoolguns on one of the 30 groups i am on and i will stick up for them. So yes they are worth the money even if you don't do alum work...Bob
    Bob Wright

Sounds like a real workout to me, the small spoolguns have always had a place, and IMO always will. That guy sounds just like the dummies thay say that SMAW is almost dead ...
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Being mostly portable, I've always found the spoolgun to be an indispensible tool. I keep stainless, aluminum, and regular hard wire in the 4" spools on the truck, along with the appropriate gas, so anytime I come across something I can't weld with stick, I am prepared. Even MS, sometimes you have to weld light sheet metal, spoolgun's perfect, I can't count how many times I've had to weld a door hinge or tailgate on a ranch truck. I'm well into my second spoolgun now, probably in a couple years be getting a new one (they do wear out, you know).

Comment

I keep a large roll of .045 dual shield in my MM251 and use the spool gun when I need smaller wire. I was just using it yesterday with .035 S6 steel wire on a little project. Sure the small rolls of wire are more expensive, but sure are convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLights View Post
          Sure the small rolls of wire are more expensive, but sure are convenient.
          I rewind my own in all metals. Sure i have some time in the winding process but i could be watching "Another 48 Hrs" on HBO for the 65 time ...Bob
          Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
          X