Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 300 No More

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dynasty 300 No More

    Just got the 2007 Miller Catalog and they did away with the 300 and came out with the 350, it looks similar to the Dynasty 700.

  • #2
    Originally posted by GARAGEGADGETS View Post
    Just got the 2007 Miller Catalog and they did away with the 300 and came out with the 350, it looks similar to the Dynasty 700.
    Well, I've been waiting for a refresh on the dynastys for awhile now, this may motivate me enough to go buy one. Hopefully it has the selectable, different AC waveforms of the Dynasty 700, and the asymmetrical control. I wonder if the Dynasty 200 has been refreshed as well. Did the 200 amp model look like it has changed?

    http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...&highlight=350

    -dseman

    Comment


    • #3
      The AC waveforms includes Advance Squarewave, Soft Squarewave, Sine Wave and Trianglar Wave for the ultimate in control according to there catalog. It appears there has been no changes in the Dynasty 200. But they also have a new Maxstar 350.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GARAGEGADGETS View Post
        The AC waveforms includes Advance Squarewave, Soft Squarewave, Sine Wave and Trianglar Wave for the ultimate in control according to there catalog. It appears there has been no changes in the Dynasty 200. But they also have a new Maxstar 350.
        Thanks GG! I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the 200 series are upgraded. If you wouldn't mind letting us know, (since I don't have my new catalog yet), what do they list as the retail price on the Maxstar 350 and the Dynasty 350?

        -dseman

        Comment


        • #5
          huh, well I for one am less than thrilled about it. I always liked the idea of having a professional tig machine that was somewhat portable or could easily be mounted in a truck / shipped to a specialty job for people like Engloid that travel with it. Hopefully they will upgrade the 200 to a 250.
          hre

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dseman View Post
            Thanks GG! I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the 200 series are upgraded. If you wouldn't mind letting us know, (since I don't have my new catalog yet), what do they list as the retail price on the Maxstar 350 and the Dynasty 350?

            -dseman
            As for prices I will have to get back to you on that.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have already been told that our shop should be one of the first to get these machines. We currently have about 18 Dynasty 300 machines. We're really hoping that the additional 50 amps will allow us to better utilize the pulsing on AC, without pushing the duty cycle.

              I have played with the triangluar wave before, for a short period, and don't think it will be a benefit to us on the AC work... but for those doing thick mild steel or stainless, I think it would be awesome.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Engloid View Post
                I have played with the triangluar wave before, for a short period, and don't think it will be a benefit to us on the AC work... but for those doing thick mild steel or stainless, I think it would be awesome.
                Engloid you've lost me there,

                surely the triangular wave is only available in AC . how would it be useful for mild/stainless?

                my lincoln v205t has a triangular AC option. works quite well for thin Al but it's not 'night and day' when compared with squarewave

                Comment


                • #9
                  With all the wave adjustability, I'm not quite sure that you couldn't use the triangular wave shape on carbon steel or stainless. Keep in mind that you can adjust how much of the time the electrode is positive/negative, as well as how many amps + and -.

                  I know it's not so much an accepted thought in the welding world, but I'm like that... I think about possibilities, and like to try them out. Failing at things you try out can often be a great learning experience.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    triangular wave shape

                    I was trying to figure out what is does for you on AC output.
                    I used it a few times on the Lincoln 205T but I really could
                    not see what advantage it was bringing me????( 120 amps max)
                    I could figure out the sine wave setting and kind of why it's there.
                    Does the Miller tri-wave have any adjustment to it???

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scott V View Post
                      triangular wave shape
                      I was trying to figure out what is does for you on AC output.
                      I honestly wonder how beneficial it will be. It really digs a deep puddle, but I don't know that the cleaning will be as good as the square wave, because the angle of the wave is less than 90 degrees as it crosses over zero.
                      For the anodized stuff I tried it on, I found it pretty useless...but I didn't get to try it as much as I wanted to. I don't know that I'd give up on it and say it can't be done effectively though.
                      Originally posted by Scott V View Post
                      Does the Miller tri-wave have any adjustment to it???
                      yip...read below:
                      Originally posted by Engloid View Post
                      Keep in mind that you can adjust how much of the time the electrode is positive/negative, as well as how many amps + and -.
                      It will also work in conjunction with the usual pulse features.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wonder What the

                        MSRP on the 350 is going to be ? Anyone interested is a 3yr old 300dx


                        I can't wait to see one.
                        Mike. R


                        Dynasty 300dx tig runner w/ 3 torch Versa-Tig torch changer {wt-20f, wt-24f, mt-125}
                        MM 251/30a/4015 roughneck
                        Miller portable spot welder
                        Inferno >>> Big Window Elite

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Triangle wave was developed for using undersized tungsten with the asymetric current control. It ramps the current so that the full load doesnt vaporize the electrode. Its was designed for the 750. You shouldnt need it on the 350 and it would be all but worthless on the Italian built Lincoln 205.

                          However, other VP ( variable polatity) powersource manufacturers dont see the use for it at any amperage. I guess it depends on how fast and how smooth the transiters can switch on and off.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hey engloid,

                            no asymetrical current on the lincoln- i get your line of thought now

                            still can't see it working well, but it's always good think outside the box- and like you say, you can learn as much from failure as from success.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              hey engloid,

                              no asymetrical current on the lincoln- i get your line of thought now

                              still can't see it working well, but it's always good think outside the box- and like you say, you can learn as much from failure as from success.
                              Of course I'd never try it on something critical or expensive....but otherwise, it's only risking a piece of tungsten and a piece of scrap.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X