900.00 big 40 radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 900.00 big 40 radiator

hello again can anybody tell me why a radiator for big 40 woul cost 900.00 when i can get one for my diesel pu for 3-400?i am asking for a friend that bought the welder from me 2 yrs.ago(it was fine when i sold it!!)but it sat most of the time and he started it up and it leaked took it to a repair shop and the guy said it was too far gone to fix and said new it was 900!any one ever had to buy one it doesnt seem right to me and i feel bad about it thanks for any help if you can.

I'd shop around. Even if they recored that radiator, it should be less. Sounds like maybe this shop is getting the price direct from the engine manufacturer, any good shop should be able to find something common (cheap) the right size and fab the mounting brackets if necessary, that's only if there isn't anything direct from the aftermarket people that will bolt right in.

Comment

I agree, 900 is way too much. I'd also look up RADMAN here on the forum member list and see if you can send him and email asking his opinion. He's always been dead on with the info he's provided.
      hre

Comment

Originally posted by shoprat View Post
        hello again can anybody tell me why a radiator for big 40 woul cost 900.00 when i can get one for my diesel pu for 3-400?
        Well, there's a lot more diesel pickups than Big 40 's
        I also think that radiator shop is trying to hose you big time.
        shop around
        Jeff

Comment

That does seem high but i put a radiator in my TB300D and it was 300 from miller i got it at cost cause my lws felt bad, had broken water neck at 600 hrs.
          BB402D
          TB300D
          DIMENSION652
          MM250X
          MAXSTAR140
          S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
          HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Originally posted by J hall View Post
            Well, there's a lot more diesel pickups than Big 40 's
            I also think that radiator shop is trying to hose you big time.
            shop around
            A radiator shop trying to "hose" you? Now that's funny.
            Dynasty 350DX
            Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
            MM 350P
            MM Passport Plus
            Spectrum 375 Extreme
            08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

Working...
            X