Lincoln Or Miller Tig??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Or Miller Tig??

I'm looking into buying a Tig machine soon. At first I was only looking at the Syncrowave 350, but now I'm considering the Lincoln precision Tig 375. I was just wondering what you guys think??
    www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/syncrowave_350_lx/
    www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=5411

Either one of those machines will pretty much do anything you want. It all comes down to which color you like best IMO. FWIW, since you are posting this on a Miller forum, I would not expect to get too many nods for the Lincoln. I have a PT 275 (as well as a few Miller machines ) and liked it over the Synch 250 at the time due to lower cost and what I thought was a nicer built machine (Lincoln). I have welded with both machines and can say thay are pretty equal in terms of performance.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

If the precision tig has microstart2 Buy IT.

Comment

I prefer Miller myself even though I have both Miller and Lincoln machines.
        I am a strong believer in the Best Machine for the Job or the Best Man for the Job.

Comment

Miller or Lincoln Welder

Miller makes a good machine - period. If you find a Lincoln at a cheap price conserve your money and buy it!
          Think Alot
          Learn Alot
          Read Alot
          And Then Do It Again & Again

Comment

I forget the exact number, but something like 60-70% of all welding machines sold in the country are Miller...leaving all the competitors to share the remainder.

I figure that with percentages like that, there's obviously more people that like Miller than any other brand....and for many reasons.

You will find many people that do not like Lincoln machines, or have had bad experiences with buying them...and probably very few negative things about the Miller machines.

Personally, I will never again buy a new Lincoln. I won't say that the right price on a used one won't get me to buy one though. They burned me once...and that's the only chance they will get.

Comment

Are you dead set on a transformer machine? Inverters are sweet, especially on AC.
              Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
              HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
              Clarke Hotshot

Comment

I use Millers at work and a Lincoln thats 30 years old at home...it still runs like a top. Can't say I prefer one over the other. Try each one and judge for yourself. What we all say doesn't mean much...you be the judge.
                sigpic
                bOb
                Bobs Welding Service

Comment

Customer service is something you can only find out about by experiencing it or asking others that have. It's not listed on the spec sheet or the price tag.

Personally, I have gotten zero customer service from lincoln, and tons from Miller.

Comment

hello everyone, is it true that lincoln welders are made with aluminum wires inside, and miller welders are made with copper wires, thus making the miller a better made and longer lasting machine ?
                    that is what i have been told, but not sure if it is true.
                    i have a lincoln buzz box ac/dc-225/125, and a little flux cored wire feed lincoln, and they both work great.
                    but when i went for a new tig machine, i asked a lot of questions and thats why i went with the miller syncrowave 200, because everyone was reccomending it over the lincoln.
                    thanks....
                    Syncrowave® 200
                    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
                    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

Originally posted by FABMAN View Post
                      hello everyone, is it true that lincoln welders are made with aluminum wires inside, and miller welders are made with copper wires, thus making the miller a better made and longer lasting machine ?
                      that is what i have been told, but not sure if it is true.
                      ALthough I'm a Miller fan, I doubt what you heard was true. I won't guarantee it, but I'm sure somebody here will verify it one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                      X