dynasty 300dx hi freqency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dynasty 300dx hi freqency

my 300 dx is a couple of years old. I'm a farmer so it doesn't have a lot of hours. Sometimes it seems the arc just won't start. I usually weld carbon steel on a clean 3/4" 4x8 table with the gound on a leg. 3/32 cerium or thorium. Most of the time it fires right up. Other times it won't. I can hear a high freqency buzz, but no arc. Get the tunngsten closer and closer, still nothing! Touch electrode and it makes a shorted sound and sticks. I've found that moving the filler close to the gap starts the arc. Is it my machine, poor ground or me ?

jas-b

I`ve noticed the same on my D200...no arc at first, but tap the filler rod to the work piece and all is well. Who knows??

Mike
    Regency 200 w/30A
    Dynasty 200 dx
    Esab 875 plasma
    MM350-P w/30A

Comment

I had the same problem with a 300dx at the Vo-tech that i teach at (part time). Not sure what it was exactly , but they sent it out and they said it was an easy fix... I hope this helps

Kelly,

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
        I`ve noticed the same on my D200...no arc at first, but tap the filler rod to the work piece and all is well. Who knows??

Mike
        I always have to tap filler to the work on my uncle's 180sd to get the arc to start up.

Comment

Had that same problem with my new D200DX when I got it, called the tig guys at Miller and was told to run a 0.010 feeler through the points (of course only if I felt comfortable doing that) and it hasn't missfired yet. You guys might call Miller tig and ask them.
          Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
          Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
          Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
          Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Per the guys in the welding shop

I've had the same problem welding steel, the guys the weld shop suggested to tap the tungsten on the material once before hitting the petal. I've never had the problem with a fresh ground tungsten, so I'm thinking there's a tad bit of gunk on the tip. Anyway the tap seems to knock it off.
            Frank
            (aka Fred) back from the penal league
            MM200 (antique and still cook'n) - gone
            Replaced by a MM252
            Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
            Dynasty 300DX - still kickin'
            Spectrum 625 - ditto
            Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot. - gone
            Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less - now co-opted
            Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection -

Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff https://forum.millerwelds.com/images...es/frown.png?2

Comment

I am having a problem with my Dynasty 300 DX when welding aluminum, when I try to initiate my arc the torch wants to surge the arc on and off and then I move the torch closer and push down farther on my pedal increasing my amps and then it smoothes out.
              This never happened on my synchrowave so Im wondering if its a characteristic of this inverter.

Comment

My syncrowave at work does it sometimes...(for me that means like 50-or more times a day? out of several thousand starts) I think Fred Smith got it right...just a little crud on the tung! Running a biz card thru the points keeps 'em clean and seems to help also.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                X