Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from the Bulldog camp

Hey guys,
    Wanted to update ya on the mixer that the Little Bulldog and I rebuilt. This is the one where the Little Bulldog had to climb under the thing to get the bolts out. He'll never forget this job!
    The 1st pic is of the mixer the day I bought it.
    The 2nd pic is of the Little Bulldog at work.
    The rest of the pics are of the mixer the day I loaded it on the trailer for it's trip to Chicago Ill.
    Bulldog
    Attached Files
    5 Passport Pluses
    2 MM 212's
    MM 210
    MM 251 MIA
    MM 350 P w/Python
    Syncrowave 250
    w/ tig runner
    Trailblazer 302
    12RC w/meters
    Spectrum 1000
    Spectrum 2050
    2 Black BWEs
    Joker BWE
    Star & stripe BWE Digital
    2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
    CUMMINS BABY

These next pics are of the block depalleter that we built for the the same company. It went on the same truck.
    See ya,
    Bulldog
    Attached Files
    5 Passport Pluses
    2 MM 212's
    MM 210
    MM 251 MIA
    MM 350 P w/Python
    Syncrowave 250
    w/ tig runner
    Trailblazer 302
    12RC w/meters
    Spectrum 1000
    Spectrum 2050
    2 Black BWEs
    Joker BWE
    2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
    CUMMINS BABY

Comment

so do you buy it rehab it then sell and ship it or do you just pick it up rehab it and ship it for them after they buy it ?
      it looks like you turn the old stuff into new befor shipping but on who's dime ?
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

real nice Bulldog! i love taking old stuff and making it like new again! you guys do real nice work!

Craig
        The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

What a difference, in the first picture it looked like it was ready for the scrap yard. I still can't quite figure out the depalleter thing, what it doe's. Was it rebuilt also or did you fab that new ?
          To all who contribute to this board.
          My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
          Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
          Miller Syncrowave 250
          Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

Hey guys,
            James we repair equipment all the time. We go to about 30 Concrete Block, Redi Mix and Precast Concrete plants now. We also buy and sell equipment.We sell used equipment all over the world. When the plants in the USA decide to buy new more productive equipment I do their consulting. I help them figure out the best plant layout and what equipment to buy. Then I buy their old equipment and find a buyer overseas. I sell alot to Africa, Mexico and Poland. (I sold the 1st Block Plant that was setup in Poland). Some times I rebuild/refurbish the equipment before it goes and sometimes they want it as is. In the case of this mixer. It was bought new in 1968 for about $100,000. It was run in Canada for about 20yrs. They then bought a new one. Then a company like mine bought it in Florida to resell it. Well a couple of yrs later a company in Binghamton N.Y. bought it to use it. Well they never even went to see what it looked like. They paid $18,000 for it. When they got it they decided not to use it because it was so bad. They put it up for sale but couldn't sell it,so it sat there for about 3yrs. I then offered them $5,000 they said no, so it sat for another yr. I then sold the plant in Utica and the company there needed a 100 cu ft mixer so I offered the company in Binghamton $7000, they accepted. I then put $14,000 into the mixer for a new clutch and drive shaft. Then we relined it and put in new mixing blades, $16,000. I have about $2000 into sand blasting and painting. A new mixer like this is about $125,000 new. I sold this one for $55,000 and they paid all the trucking / loading charges.
            I have more rehab pics if your interested.
            Thanks Tig.
            Pete,
            The depalleter is a machine that pushes concrete blocks off the pallet that there made on. You see block are made on a steel 18'X24" steel plate called a pallet. The blocks (on the pallet)come down a conveyor and go into the depalleter. There is a prox switch under the pallet that sends a signal to the computer and sends the pusher forward, the blocks are pushed off the pallet. There are dogs on the back side of the pusher that run over the top of the pallet and drop down into the slots in front of the pallet. When the pusher goes back the dogs push the pallet back up another conveyor where it goes back into the block machine.
            I'll post a pick of a depalleter that I built about 4yrs ago. It's in line so you'll be able to get the idea.
            See ya,
            Bulldog
            5 Passport Pluses
            2 MM 212's
            MM 210
            MM 251 MIA
            MM 350 P w/Python
            Syncrowave 250
            w/ tig runner
            Trailblazer 302
            12RC w/meters
            Spectrum 1000
            Spectrum 2050
            2 Black BWEs
            Joker BWE
            2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
            CUMMINS BABY

Comment

Some pics.
              The 1st pic is a batch in the mixer being mixed.
              pic 2-Blocks on the pallet - just out of the machine.
              pic 3-Blocks on the stacker going into the curing rack.
              Pic 4- Blocks just out of the mold.
              Hope this helps,
              Bulldog
              Attached Files
              5 Passport Pluses
              2 MM 212's
              MM 210
              MM 251 MIA
              MM 350 P w/Python
              Syncrowave 250
              w/ tig runner
              Trailblazer 302
              12RC w/meters
              Spectrum 1000
              Spectrum 2050
              2 Black BWEs
              Joker BWE
              2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
              CUMMINS BABY

Comment

From one dog to another I always enjoy your posts

Comment

Hey Bulldog, was that Bowen Block or Binghamton Precast you bought the machines from? What the heck do I know anyway, I am a bituminous concrete worker.

Comment

Thanks Joe!
                    Hey Asphalt guy. It was from the old Bowen Block. It's 3 deg F up here you must have the day off.
                    Bulldog
                    5 Passport Pluses
                    2 MM 212's
                    MM 210
                    MM 251 MIA
                    MM 350 P w/Python
                    Syncrowave 250
                    w/ tig runner
                    Trailblazer 302
                    12RC w/meters
                    Spectrum 1000
                    Spectrum 2050
                    2 Black BWEs
                    Joker BWE
                    2 star & stripe xlix's

REAL TRUCKS RATTLE
                    CUMMINS BABY

Comment

thats pretty cool stuff. as many times as i have looked at a cinder block i never wonderd how one was made... strange i usualy always think about that kind of stuff, i guess i just took the lil block for granet.
                      looks like buisness is booming for ya, but dont forget to take a little time off to finish your shop, a guy needs a place to play ya know.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                        Pete,
                        The depalleter is a machine that pushes concrete blocks off the pallet that there made on. You see block are made on a steel 18'X24" steel plate called a pallet. The blocks (on the pallet)come down a conveyor and go into the depalleter. There is a prox switch under the pallet that sends a signal to the computer and sends the pusher forward, the blocks are pushed off the pallet. There are dogs on the back side of the pusher that run over the top of the pallet and drop down into the slots in front of the pallet. When the pusher goes back the dogs push the pallet back up another conveyor where it goes back into the block machine.
                        I'll post a pick of a depalleter that I built about 4yrs ago. It's in line so you'll be able to get the idea.
                        See ya,
                        Bulldog
                        That makes sense now, my mind got stuck on thinking about wooden pallets for some reason.
                        Haa;
                        I can understand why the NY company decided against using it if it looked like that first pic. Thats some nice work.

P.S. I don't mean the nice work comment sarcasticly, I mean Bulldogs work is really nice.
                        (Looked kind of odd when I reread the post.)
                        To all who contribute to this board.
                        My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                        Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                        Miller Syncrowave 250
                        Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

i wonder what they were expecting when they bought a $100,000 pice for $18000 i would not expect much, certenly not what bulldog shiped out after he was done with it, that was quite the repair job.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

hey bulldog i just came acrost this link and thought about your question about running air for your new shop and thought i would post it for you. i saw it put up on one of the truck shows on TV and it looked like a quick easy instal. and they said the price was not too bad but who knows what that means in the real world but though i would pass it on to ya to consider.
                            here is there link. its the aluminum stuff coverd in PVC.
                            http://www.garage-pak.com/compressed...g-package.html
                            looks like nice stuff.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

Bulldog,
                              Nice to see some of the work you do.Top notch as always.I find the "how it works" stuff interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X