Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revlimit
    replied
    I agree, the 350P is a profit maker. The speed, precision and quality this machine allows me when welding 1" square tube (0.65 wall) aluminum is unmatched by any other process I've used. Tig can't touch it in terms of small bead size. This machine has more than doubled production in the shop. That's the bottom line unless you are doing it for fun.

Leave a comment:

• lramberson
    Guest replied
    The adjustment to get the process was not so much point & shoot, but once dialed in the process did one thing for my shop. CREATE PROFIT.

Well...Like I said Pulse in my opinion is'nt needed. And if it is I have'nt seen the need.
    I have to work smarter, minimize cost and maxamize productivity or I will be back working for THE MAN. Not .

Really not familare with the unit you are discussing, but the 350P on aluminum in my shop is a real DEAL.

Just my feelings.

Leave a comment:

• weldone
    replied
    Originally posted by tigman250 View Post
    i ran a 455 w/10 feeder for almost five years, and while it does have many settings the user can tweak, it does take some time to find it's full potential right down to adjusting the feedrate vs voltage. the fact that you ask why it's necessary leads me to believe you haven't quite got it right it yet. keep practicing, some day you will figgure out that pesky Mig welding.
    Really?WOOOOWWW
    Well...Like I said Pulse in my opinion is'nt needed. And if it is I have'nt seen the need.Once again those that like that option..cool
    And those that feel like I feel..Thats even cooler
    Like I said in thread #8. just callin it like it is

Leave a comment:

• Scott V
    replied
    Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    IMO, the pulsed spray process is not an easy one to master, especially when it comes to setting up machine parameters. Even with the synergic machines like the 350P it takes quite a bit of tweaking to get the machine set just right, especially on aluminum and stainless. Then, pulsed spray does not tolerate a lax gun angle or stickout so you have to have your $hit together if your going to be successful. I wonder how I know that.

Cordless mig gun?
    Kevin,
    just for fun try your steel short-arc technique when using it on pulse. A nice looking MS steel pulse up, is almost all skill level. It might help over spray ( ) but it's still a ***** for me. I need to get some ER70-2 to help with the puddle control. I also do not like 98/2 o2 for pulsing very well and just prefer C-10. It sure is not automatic for me.

Leave a comment:

• tigman250
    replied
    Originally posted by weldone View Post
    Have you ever seen or used the 455p/10m,If you have then you know what I mean. If not check it out. That wire feeder...It's turn the knob to what ever feature you want It's almost like pre-set radio its crazy trust me
    i ran a 455 w/10 feeder for almost five years, and while it does have many settings the user can tweak, it does take some time to find it's full potential right down to adjusting the feedrate vs voltage. the fact that you ask why it's necessary leads me to believe you haven't quite got it right it yet. keep practicing, some day you will figgure out that pesky Mig welding.

Leave a comment:

• weldone
    replied
    Have you ever seen or used the 455p/10m,If you have then you know what I mean. If not check it out. That wire feeder...It's turn the knob to what ever feature you want It's almost like pre-set radio its crazy trust me

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
    Cordless mig gun?
    Dammit . . . (wiping screen off with windex again)

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    But I guess with the shortage of skilled welders...the MFGR's have to do something,even if it means making the easiest process easier.
    IMO, the pulsed spray process is not an easy one to master, especially when it comes to setting up machine parameters. Even with the synergic machines like the 350P it takes quite a bit of tweaking to get the machine set just right, especially on aluminum and stainless. Then, pulsed spray does not tolerate a lax gun angle or stickout so you have to have your $hit together if your going to be successful. I wonder how I know that.
    So heads up welding world.. Whats next..The auto cutting torch?
    Cordless mig gun?

Leave a comment:

• weldone
    replied
    Ok.I work with the red machine 455p/10m wire feed attached. And all I'm saying is straight out I don't like pulse mode. And I strongly feel it puts the new people learning to weld at a disavantage. Those out there that like that mode of operation cool.
    I know that short circuit,spray,and goublar metal transfer modes have been around for the longest, with great results in all postions.
    I mean.....Now some act as though none have been possible up untill pulsed came along.(not refering to those that responded to the thread)C'mon now. theyve been putting pressure piping,along with pressure vessles in the sea and amongst the land.Beams into the air etc,etc without the use of pulsed.
    But I guess with the shortage of skilled welders...the MFGR's have to do something,even if it means making the easiest process easier.
    So heads up welding world.. Whats next..The auto cutting torch? Just hook it up, open the neddle valves and it will automatically adjust to the correct pressure per cutting tip size.
    Dont laugh.Technology can make you a slave.And we all are slaving in one shape form or fashion.

Leave a comment:

• martymar333
    replied
    you can't beat it on stainless, i've welded stainless on many wire feeders, but until you weld it with pulse you have no idea how good it can and how nice it welds.

marty

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    I would like to offer a few other true binifits of pulse mig.
    Lets start on mild and stainless steel.
    1. Less spatter than short circuit transfer.
    2. Solid wire and short arc sheilding gas like C 25 can be too cold on thicker plates than 1/4". Pulse can offer simular or better control with less chance of lack of fusion, lack of pentration and other weld defects.
    3. With pulse you can weld on a wide range of material thicknesses 18ga to 1/2" and thicker with one gas and wire combination.
    4. All position welding.

And now aluminum.
    1. Alot more control on thinner material. Down to .040. Try that with a CV only model.
    2. With pulse you can typically go up one or two sizes larger in wire than with straight mig welding. Benifit here, cost less money per pound of wire, and feedablity is much better.
    3. Synergic capabilities. Benifit, by increaseing wire feed speed only I can weld .040 aluminum with .047 wire at 100 IPM and now turn wire feed speed to 400 IPM and weld 3/8" thick aluminum all fro the handel of the gun.

Not all pulse systems have the same above benifits, I was mostly referring to the capabilities of the MM350P. There are also other benifits, but I think I have raved long enough.

If any of you guys would like to have a phone conversation you can also call us me or one of the others at Miller Electric at 920-734-9821.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• ATCOEnt
    replied
    Originally posted by Billet Benny View Post
    This is probably THE best application of pulsing throughout the welding processes. Mig spray transfer is THE king of effecient and fast paced welding. With its fluid puddle, high currents, and high deposition rates it is just plain bad ***. Lots of integrity and very aesthetically pleasing. Its downfalls are it can't be used on thin material and is only possible in the flat or horizontal fillet positions. What does pulsing do for the process?? Eliminates both of those downfalls. Too cool.. IMO, it is mig in perfection. I am a huge fan.
    I agree whole heartedly BB with only a small addition. Downhand spray on sheet metal rocks! You wouldn't believe the travel speed.

Leave a comment:

• Billet Benny
    replied
    This is probably THE best application of pulsing throughout the welding processes. Mig spray transfer is THE king of effecient and fast paced welding. With its fluid puddle, high currents, and high deposition rates it is just plain bad ***. Lots of integrity and very aesthetically pleasing. Its downfalls are it can't be used on thin material and is only possible in the flat or horizontal fillet positions. What does pulsing do for the process?? Eliminates both of those downfalls. Too cool.. IMO, it is mig in perfection. I am a huge fan.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Originally posted by ATCOent View Post
    GMAW-P (mig pulse) is for out-of-position welding in the spray transfer mode. Spray transfer is desired because of its higher deposition rate and little or no spatter to name two. Spray produces a very fluid puddle. Without pulse, spray can only be used in the flat or horizontal positions.
    Oh gee, I can't see why that would be beneficial.

Leave a comment:

• ATCOEnt
    replied
    Seriously...I'm lost on the whole pulsed mig thing.
    Dont have a clue to as why it's needed.(from a technological standpoint anyway) Is'nt mig truly easy enough already?
    GMAW-P (mig pulse) is for out-of-position welding in the spray transfer mode. Spray transfer is desired because of its higher deposition rate and little or no spatter to name two. Spray produces a very fluid puddle. Without pulse, spray can only be used in the flat or horizontal positions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X