Why Do People Reply To .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Reply To .......

SPAM posts when the ADMINS have asked us to ignore it???

When you think a little about it do youe have to CLICK on a posting to see if it is SPAM?

Titles like .....
    Who is Israeli journalist Shoher?
    and
    ****** vs ****** generic effects tramadol vs phentermine
    should be abvious.

Oh make no mistake, I also opened them to see who responded.

When you respond to these posts you only push them back to the top of the list !!!!

I am curious as to why the actions of others bothers you so much. If you have clicked on a thread, for whatever reason, and decided not to post then why not just move on. I fail to see how it harms you just because others decide to join in on a useless thread. What good are you accomplishing by putting up this useless thread that I have now responded to.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

they will be deleted when admins see them, in the meantime it can be fun to see what smart @zz comments others can come up with pertaining to the useless thread.

bottom line, if they bother you don't open them again after you notice they are spam.
      The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
        I am curious as to why the actions of others bothers you so much. If you have clicked on a thread, for whatever reason, and decided not to post then why not just move on. I fail to see how it harms you just because others decide to join in on a useless thread. What good are you accomplishing by putting up this useless thread that I have now responded to.

Never said it " bothered " me nor " harmed " me in anyway. Just curious as to what motivates others to responding.

Comment

Originally posted by harcosparky View Post
          Never said it " bothered " me nor " harmed " me in anyway. Just curious as to what motivates others to responding.
          I know, those were my terms that I thought of as the tone of your initial post seemed a little stronger than "Just curious".
          Dynasty 350DX
          Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
          MM 350P
          MM Passport Plus
          Spectrum 375 Extreme
          08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

Maybe its the same thing that motivates you to start a thread about it.

JD

Comment

Typical of responses such as "well I can't help you but someone will stop by..."
              Aint it great,
              L*S

Comment

Well there was no 'tone' inflected in my original question. If some misread it as such that's OK I guess.

If I wanted to inflect a tone I would done it like this ....

" There you go again ... "
                " Why do people repond to .... "

These emoticons do make posts a little humorous. But they too can be overused!

I am a fairly straightforward kind of person, I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.

The post was but a simple inquiry as to what motivates people to respond.

Someone told me on another forum that there are users who just want to " up thier post count " for whatever reason. They also told me " some post just to see thier posts ".

Many years ago (1980's ) I ran an online message forum before the Internet was anything like today. We called them a BBS, in essence we provided content and a place to communicate but we were all islands as the internet was not really there yet. It was interesting to watch the posts made and the threads that evolved. We had no SPAM, just the people posting to the boards.

Recently I saw on here the kinds of things that occured on some of those BBS's. You'd snicker at it in the beginning, but after a while it got stupid. All the bickering and backbiting that would go on sometimes.

I was glad to see a company like MILLER host this Forum, it is a great place to gain knowledge and exchange ideas.

HAHAHAH ... have fun with this ... it won't last long.

T-Minus 2 H 20 MIN

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250 View Post
                  they will be deleted when admins see them, in the meantime it can be fun to see what smart @zz comments others can come up with pertaining to the useless thread.

bottom line, if they bother you don't open them again after you notice they are spam.

Bingo!!!! It's fun to see if you can make the thread even more useless then
                  it already is.

Comment

Just curious as to what motivates others to responding.
                    Some of us are just [email protected], gotta say something . . .

Comment

People are just dumb. (Not trying to offend anyone)

Comment

maybe it just makes us feel good to bust on these idiots (although i doubt any of them come back after posting their b.s.)

Comment

Rather than reply, just click on the ! in a triangle in the upper right hand corner and report the post. Some legitimate posts look like spam, so it doesn't hurt to open the thread, but I wouldn't open any of the links.

Comment

Originally posted by calweld View Post
                            Some of us are just [email protected], gotta say something . . .
                            That would be me
                            Jeff

Comment

Working...
                            X