No announcement yet.

New Millermatics Are Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Scott, lets these guys live with the illusion that the Miller is always better. Guys, I ve ran the HH 187 and the MM 180. And the Hobart is the better of the two. As I stated in the past though, supposedly Miller has made some changes to the 180 after my testing. Until I get a shot at running this updated unit, I stick with the HH 187 over the MM 180. The HH 187 is definitely a high quality performer.

Comment

Do you think the spoolgun option off the red 180 would have enough power to tackle 1/4 Al 6061? Something tells me probably not, which is maybe why Miller is just happy selling the MM210 with the spool gun.

Lincoln has not released the spool-guns yet. They rushed all the info out though. About one more month before anybody can get one. I never ran the Lincoln 180 yet, so I don't know. What I do know is, what ever is coming you are going to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott V View Post
        [snip]That is why we get the new 210 and 251 machines out here. You can have the Miller because I still think the Hobart is the one.[snip]
        Have you seen any of the new MM210's, or are they supposed to be introduced there first ? Even though I have not seen the MM180 I would really lean to the Hobart (orange???) as I prefer taped machines big time.
        Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
        Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
        Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
        Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
          Have you seen any of the new MM210's, or are they supposed to be introduced there first ? Even though I have not seen the MM180 I would really lean to the Hobart (orange???) as I prefer taped machines big time.
          Around that time George and no I have not had the pleasure or looking at one.
          I think the Lincoln machine will change what you know about infinite voltage
          control. It's a wide sweet spot on those units. Pick a general area like a tap
          setting and it you be close. Way different then a SP plus . Diamond core baby, but this one works.

Comment

i would think the spool gun would work for dimond plate aluminum in the 1/8" veriaty, that could come in real handy for many projects.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Stopped by B&R to pick up supplies and got the prices on the 140 and the 180 The 140 with the cart was $715.00, 140 auto start with cart $730.00 and the 180 with cart was $840. And he has them in stock ready to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by GARAGEGADGETS
                Stopped by B&R to pick up supplies and got the prices on the 140 and the 180 The 140 with the cart was $715.00, 140 auto start with cart $730.00 and the 180 with cart was $840. And he has them in stock ready to ship.
                Wow, that's like over $100 more than the Lincolns are going for. Now we need a good side by side to see how they compare.
                Dynasty 350DX
                Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
                MM 350P
                MM Passport Plus
                Spectrum 375 Extreme
                08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

the 2 are realy closely priced, seemed like they would be a bit ferther apart in $$ considering the jump in power.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

seems like miller is always $100 over red, was the same way 5+ years ago when i got mine.
                    they gotta pay for this site.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
                      Wow, that's like over $100 more than the Lincolns are going for. Now we need a good side by side to see how they compare.
                      Kevin you got a sweet early deal on your machine. They have climbed since
                      then. Still worth it though.

Comment

Millermatic 140 Auto-Set and 180 update

Let me take a minute to introduce myself, I am Miller's Product Manager for the Small Integrated MIG system (SIMS). I look after the Passport, MM140 with AutoSet and MM180. Let me give you an update on what’s happening with the little Millermatics.

Over the passed few years Miller has been talking to folks like you, who use small MIG welders. We wanted to know what works and what causes problems. Folks who are new to welding had difficulty setting wire feed speed and voltage. Folks who know how to set parameters were looking for an easier way to do it. Miller developed Auto-Set for the Millermatic 140. You activate AutoSet by turning the wire feed speed control to select the diameter of the wire the machine is using, select the thickness of the material you going to weld on the blue scale surrounding the voltage scale, and your ready to weld. The guess work is gone, it’s simple and convenient to weld. The machine comes with a material thickness gauge. AutoSet works with C25 gas and .024" or .030" solid mild steel wire. Manual mode is used for flux core wire, CO2 gas or Stainless steel, or when you what it your way, just set wire feed speed and voltage from the door chart. The MM140 w/ Auto-Set welds mild steel up to 3/16” thick in a single pass.

The Millermatic 180 is packed with more power! Power that now allows you weld 5/16" thick mild steel in a single pass. That’s a full 1/8" more than the competition. The MM180 is shipped with wire feed tracking off and it easy to turn on, just have a look at the owners manual. I personally would leave it off, the door chart parameters are very good welding conditions and you have very little need to make adjustments.

The Millermatic 140 w/ AutoSet and 180 both have Smooth-Start. Smooth-Start does what it says, no spatter to clean or push back of the gun at the starts. Just smooth welding.

The Millermatic 140 w/ AutoSet lists for $789 and the 180 lists for $958. The Lincoln Power MIG 140C list for $735 and the PM180C list for $900. You never pay list price for anything!! The new Millermatics will have a street price that is just about the same as the comparable Lincoln. The added value of AutoSet or the extra 1/8” from the 180 and the small price difference is more than justified.

Miller has a process for introducing new products. We roll products out in geographical regions, currently the new Millermatic 140 w/ AutoSet ands 180 is available in all the states east of the Mississippi and a few states the just to the west. On December 21 the entire country will have access to the new product. This process helps reduce the risks of problems that can occur during introduction. The rollout has gone very smoothly, I almost hate to say anything, Murphy’s Law is hard at work. The product information for the machines will be available on the internet shortly after Dec 21.

Thank
                        Ken

Comment

when i got my MM135 5+ years ago the Miller was about $100 more than the lincoln. i would have to say i went with the miller due to reputation of its service, and even though i have never needed any for it, it was comforting to know it was there if needed.
                          this site alown is werth the $100 and i can get it for free.
                          FWIW:
                          i have never had any truble finding the sweet spot with the WST, as long as you dont try to fight it it seems to work fine. know its there and ajust acordingly.
                          i think you guys did a bang up job on the lil fella, thanks.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

Thanks for all the info Ken. I love my new MM180, its been flawless so far(fingers crossed). And I even got machine number 30 off the assembly line to boot.

Edit: James, how's the cover coming along for my MM180 ?
                            Millermatic 180 DC,Miller Spoolmatic 3,Miller HF-251-D1 __ Lincoln Cobramatic/Cobramatic Gold
                            Millermatic 200 with pulse/spot/burnback panel DC ______Lincoln Idealarc Tig 300/300 AC/DC
                            Miller ECONO twin HF 150 AC/DC .____________________ Lincoln Idealarc R3R 300 DC
                            Miller Trailblazer 250G AC/DC (20hp. Onan) .____________ Lincoln Buzz box 225/125 AC/DC
                            O/A Harris, Purox, Victor, Torchweld (To many to list) .___AIRCO wire feeder

Comment

Originally posted by GARAGEGADGETS
                              FWIW, I received my 350P from them last Thur., from Dallas to Houston via FEDEX, w/out a scratch, seem to be nice guys to boot, I'd buy from them again.
                              Just my 2¢
                              L*S

Comment

Thanks for the info Ken.

just goes to show that MILLER has great customer support , always their to answer our questions and provide help.

Thanks again Ken & MILLER

Comment

Working...
                                X