Miller Zippo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Zippo

I just picked this up on ebay and it was never used, I was wondering if anyone knows what year this might have been made? Thanks Dave
    Attached Files
    Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Matic 35
    Piranha II

Dave

The logo is old, the same one they were using in the 1960's. You might email Marie w/Miller the pictures if you don't get an answer here.

Comment

Not sure if it was accurate, but a guy on ebay sold one of those and said it was vintage 1955
      hre

Comment

one more pic..

take a picture of the bottom of the lighter..it will have the zippo logo, where it was manfactured (pennsylvania?) and a date code that I can decifer for you....

Comment

I don't know the age either, but I just bought two 6" decals with that logo to use on the side of my cooler. They are black, white, blue, & red lettering.
          Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
          Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
          Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
          Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

thanks sparx

here it is Brandford PA ........ pat.2517191
            Dynasty 300DX
            Miller Matic 35
            Piranha II

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
              I don't know the age either, but I just bought two 6" decals with that logo to use on the side of my cooler. They are black, white, blue, & red lettering.
              Where did you get the decals? I could use a pair for my old Model 88.

Comment

Originally posted by cope View Post
                http://cgi.ebay.com/Miller-Electric-...QQcmdZViewItem
                Dynasty 300DX
                Miller Matic 35
                Piranha II

Comment

Originally posted by cope View Post
                  Try here at this ebay store, they have both 6" and 8" ones in two different styles. http://stores.ebay.com/Left-Coast-Enterprises
                  Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                  Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                  Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                  Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Try and find a ZIPPO Collector - or - a Zippo Collector Book.

The proper way to age a ZIPPO is by the markings on the BOTTOM of the outside case.

It will have the name ZIPPO as well as some other markings, that is where the exact age can be determined.

I don't have a book or I would ask you to take a pic of the BOTTOM

They also made some with a YELLOW ring and lettering but that was 1967

Comment

Aging Your Zippo

On the bottom along with the name there should be some DOTS or SLASH MARKS.

What is there and how many are there ??????

Also what else is there?

Patent Number maybe??

NEED MORE THAN PATENT NUMBER???

DOTS??? How many?

That PATENT Number covers a lot of years.

If there are NO DOTS than it is from 1951 - 1957

Dots were started in 1958

FOUND MY BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That was everything that was on the bottom of the lighter except for the name Zippo, no dots or dashes or anything like that. thanks for all the information from everybody. dave
                        Dynasty 300DX
                        Miller Matic 35
                        Piranha II

Comment

guide...

http://www.zippoclick.com/media/pdf/collectorsGuide.pdf

As Harco said, this lighter was built between 1950 and 1957.
                          click on the link above (or paste on your browser) to get a copy of the latest zippo collectors guide. great information in this guide.....

Harcosparky- guessing you're a collector of zippo's?
                          got a bunch myself. makes for great collector items.

Comment

Originally posted by sparx View Post
                            http://www.zippoclick.com/media/pdf/collectorsGuide.pdf

As Harco said, this lighter was built between 1950 and 1957.
                            click on the link above (or paste on your browser) to get a copy of the latest zippo collectors guide. great information in this guide.....

Harcosparky- guessing you're a collector of zippo's?
                            got a bunch myself. makes for great collector items.

Nah...not a collector but I have over the years sold hundreds of Zippo's to collectors via Ebay and other auction venues. From time to time I buy entire estates, keep the goodies that interest me and liquidate the rest.

Comment

Working...
                            X