Practicing for Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing for Test

Attached are pictures of son #2 practicing for 798 pipe test.
    Pipe 12" .500 wall
    Root, 1/8" 6010 5P+
    Hot Pass & Filler 3/16 8010
    Cap 5mm 8010
    Attached Files

Hi Finney, great pictures , thanks for posting them . Hey what would be the chances of getting some pictures of the inside of the root?

Oh if I had it to do all over again, I would have went that direction. Had my opening, but maybe just a little young. My dad was a welding inspector for the city of San Francisco water department. He was in on a lot of the work coming down from the Sierras on the Hetch Hetchy pipe line.

Comment

I really like the looks of a nice 6010 weld. Got any closeup pics?

Comment

pancake hoods

Good pics, was just wondering if your pressure test is on 12". Here in Alberta
        its on 6" sch 80 pipe 6010 bead, 7018 filler/hot pass and 7018 cap all up hill
        no down handing your test(not sure why) cause some of us down hand for a
        living. Nothing funner then green guy comes to do weld test and trys to up hand .125 wall pipe

Doesnt your hood get steamed up with that kind of hood? what
        do they cost? I'd like to have one just to be different man the looks I'd get
        DODGE 1 TON 6.7
        PIPEPRO 304
        TO MANY TOOLS
        JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
        rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
        and easily upset
        go flames go

Comment

Dan someone else posted this link, but here ya go!

http://www.wendyspancakes.net/ContactUs.htm

Comment

Finney, looks good! is that trailblazer what he's doing, and is it doing all that you guys ask of it?

I agree, close-up pics needed
            hre

Comment

thanks for the pics pretty cool to see even the pros here get a little practice in before a test.

Chris

Comment

Dan, No do not have trouble with fogging up,try on they are the best welding outside, no back light. I do not know what pipe he will test on in Tulsa, But it is all down hand with 6010 root, 8010 the rest of the way out.
                Coal, Yes that is a 302G on the trailer, yes it does very well even with the 5MM (1/4) 8010's. He was welding with his SA250. I wonder about that boy sometime, I offered to buy a PipePro or a TB350D and let him use it until he could afford his own and he bought a SA250 while he was in Bellingham Wash on a job for Welded. (I told him he had to take the SA250 home with him, I didn't want it sitting around all the Blue machines because they might catch something from it)
                I was running mine(302). I have to retest in acouple of weeks. He is going this spring.
                We are going to start building his truck in a couple of weeks. I will post photos.
                I will get and post pitcures of root and cap this evening if it is not raining.

Comment

Great pics, Thanky....

What hold that hood on? just an elastic strap?
                  And would it work for us older guys that need glasses to see???
                  sigpic....http://www.oldwelder.com

Comment

Our company tests on 1/2" thick 6" pipe 6G, 1/8 gap, 3 tacks, no downhill, with 1/8" 7018 and it must have 100% penetration with no inside flaws or gaps or grapes, then it is x-rayed after it passes a visiual. Saw 20 guys go down in flames, one passed. One more thing, you must pass a 360 question 2+ hour written test first with a 85% or higher...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Comment

just looking at finney s trailer

Comment

You'll never find a better down hand machine than an old sa 200 it'll stack the weld effetlessly. my 300d doesn't do as nice of a job wdown hand as a pops old 76 sa200 yeah she hard on fuel but she sure welds beautifully with 7010 and 6010 so i would imagine 8010 would be the same senario
                        your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
                        2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
                        PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
                        here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

Question i dunno if things are done diffently down there but is the pipe not like 18- 20 inches off the ground on the mainline????(not trying to be a prick just askin)
                          your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
                          2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
                          PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
                          here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Comment

test

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                            Our company tests on 1/2" thick 6" pipe 6G, 1/8 gap, 3 tacks, no downhill, with 1/8" 7018 and it must have 100% penetration with no inside flaws or gaps or grapes, then it is x-rayed after it passes a visiual. Saw 20 guys go down in flames, one passed. One more thing, you must pass a 360 question 2+ hour written test first with a 85% or higher...Bob
                            He's testing for 798 which is a pipeline union where there is virtually no up hand. Jef

Comment

Working...
                            X