Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    I see, the only reason I was asking about the stove because it seemed like it had no venting.

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Actually I believe Jack was talking more about you installing a vent for the stove/furnace. He seems to think you are up for the job. As for myself, if you need to ask questions on a job like that you're better off calling in a pro and watching him do it the first time around. I agree with Bulldog, when it comes to working around carbon monoxide it pays to get the job done right the first time...you may never get another chance.

Glad you like your saw. Hope it works well for you. I sold my Grizzly for enough to pay for half my used Ellis. Figured I came out ahead on the deal.

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Originally posted by storts View Post
    Didnt see the crx,,Must be the age,,My ellis 1800,doesnt do anthing but cut,and cut,and cut more,,Then I got to thinkin,,well The newmonia got me,,or Ive lost it more than normal!!!!!Then I reread,,,, Crx,,Better be carefull,,,there not like fingernails,they dont grow back Jack-PS,I helped a buddy put on in that was building his new house,,6" hole saw,as it was 5" ss tripple wall,,and the collars,,And the rain hat,or air diffuser thingie,,pc of cake,,Just remember to drill from both sides!!
    I'm sort of lost here, hard to understand anything your saying. As far as the bandsaw, yeah I knew it had to be dialed in, and now it cuts perfect and I saved a bunch over the ellis. I'm a person who likes to do things right, and if I don't know how to dial in a bandsaw, I figured I would come here. And like I said before, I had no reason to go with an ellis, it would not be worth it, you have to figure out the cost of the saw, and the usage.

Ellis is a good saw, but not for me

Back to the thread now

Leave a comment:

• storts
    replied
    Wheeeeeew

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
    Hey guys,
    Jack,
    I'll take some up close pics of them. There about 1/8 -3/16th on an inch thick and made of some kinda plastic. They totally incase the bottom of the posts. If ya want any more info drop me a line. My cell is (518) 225-0552. Don't call after 8pm though my day starts around 3am.
    CRX,
    It was a real simple install. It took me about 35min start to finish. Normally I would say go for it but after reading about all the troubles your having with that saw I would strongly suggest that you -HIRE A PROFESSIONAL- . Sorry bud, I don't mean to bust on ya but there are fumes and stuff that could kill someone...I'm a little worried that you may cut off something important with that saw... Ha Ha
    Good Luck,
    Bulldog
    Didnt see the crx,,Must be the age,,My ellis 1800,doesnt do anthing but cut,and cut,and cut more,,Then I got to thinkin,,well The newmonia got me,,or Ive lost it more than normal!!!!!Then I reread,,,, Crx,,Better be carefull,,,there not like fingernails,they dont grow back Jack-PS,I helped a buddy put on in that was building his new house,,6" hole saw,as it was 5" ss tripple wall,,and the collars,,And the rain hat,or air diffuser thingie,,pc of cake,,Just remember to drill from both sides!!

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Hey guys,
    CRX,
    It was a real simple install. It took me about 35min start to finish. Normally I would say go for it but after reading about all the troubles your having with that saw I would strongly suggest that you -HIRE A PROFESSIONAL- . Sorry bud, I don't mean to bust on ya but there are fumes and stuff that could kill someone...I'm a little worried that you may cut off something important with that saw... Ha Ha
    Good Luck,
    Bulldog
    Now now, a bandsaw is totally different. And I'm not having any issues with it any more

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey guys,
    Jack,
    I'll take some up close pics of them. There about 1/8 -3/16th on an inch thick and made of some kinda plastic. They totally incase the bottom of the posts. If ya want any more info drop me a line. My cell is (518) 225-0552. Don't call after 8pm though my day starts around 3am.
    CRX,
    Good Luck,
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Directly venter you say, how hard would it be for your average person to , well I mean I have fab skills to hook one up ?

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Jack,
    Think of large, thick mil, close fitting industrial trash bags and you'll have the concept of pole protector down to a science.

Leave a comment:

• storts
    replied
    To Bulldog

Hey guys,
    Jack,
    I bought my building from National Barn out of Hanover P.A. (717) 637-0004.
    I bought the building and they were supposed to install it, but they got backed up so I hired a local guy that builds pole barns for a living. I used that new fangeled double bubble insulation. They told me that it's rated at R 11 but was not convinced. The one thing that I like about it is it STOPS the wind! I live in an area that gets alot of wind and that was a big concern and this stuff takes care of that. We were at -5 deg F yesterday and had a strong west wind and the shop was nice and warm. I use a coal stocker stove for heat. (75,000 BTU)
    I would make sure you get pole protecters for your poles. I would not build a ploe barn without pole protecters. Look back at the pics you'll see what I mean.
    Good luck,
    Bulldog
    Bulldog,thanks for taking the time,im kinda in the same typ.area,,its always windie here,,Thats impresive!!!75,000 to heat the shop,,we got your weather coming my way,weve been spoiled with the weather we have had,,I will have to look back for the pole protectors,,i must of completly missed it,,Thanks again for your time,Jack

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey Guys,
    CRX,
    Thanks. The stove is direct vented. (Staight out the wall behing the stove) The Grinder stand is one that I build. Same type I built for the 12" disk sander.
    See ya,
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• 90blackcrx
    replied
    Looks very good, two questions I have for you. That heater/stove, does it require any ducting ? Is it right behind it ? Is that bench grinder stand the one from harbor freight, if not where did you get it from?

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey guys,
    Jack,
    I bought my building from National Barn out of Hanover P.A. (717) 637-0004.
    I bought the building and they were supposed to install it, but they got backed up so I hired a local guy that builds pole barns for a living. I used that new fangeled double bubble insulation. They told me that it's rated at R 11 but was not convinced. The one thing that I like about it is it STOPS the wind! I live in an area that gets alot of wind and that was a big concern and this stuff takes care of that. We were at -5 deg F yesterday and had a strong west wind and the shop was nice and warm. I use a coal stocker stove for heat. (75,000 BTU)
    I would make sure you get pole protecters for your poles. I would not build a ploe barn without pole protecters. Look back at the pics you'll see what I mean.
    Good luck,
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    The shop has been up 11 years now, but at the time Gillette, WY had a building code much more stringent than the National code. The plans that Morton sent were accepted by the city with no hassles...and that was with a building inspection office that had a definate dislike for my gen. contractor. So you should be good to go with whatever the supplier ships for your particular area. They use the plans as an added incentive to sign off on the material package as they realize that it will save you some bucks over having to have them drawn up locally.

You might want to get a soil inspection done prior to ordering plans, package, etc. just to see if there may be any problems that will need to be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• storts
    replied
    To Roy

Originally posted by WyoRoy View Post
    Jack,
    If you buy the building materials as a package, most dealers such as Morton will include a set of plans that will meet your needs. I did R19 on the sidewalls with fiberglass batts...filled the 6" "pole" cavity and R40 in the ceiling with blown in cellulose.
    Thanks Pal,,,Im getting such a hard time from this building inspector,,Just cause he got caught with his hands in the cookie Jar,,and Joanns Uncle,well long story,,,thanks,Ill look up morton,I thought yours was a block building,,check your e mail in 5 mins,,,Thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WyoRoy
    replied
    Jack,
    If you buy the building materials as a package, most dealers such as Morton will include a set of plans that will meet your needs. I did R19 on the sidewalls with fiberglass batts...filled the 6" "pole" cavity and R40 in the ceiling with blown in cellulose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X