X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris2626
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    i think it has to do with the styl of building involved, his is a barn style so it dose not need a floor to stand he can do that later. it also keeps weather from efecting the poor and cure time. slab types also have a determining factor. but as a barn or post type building you do not ancure to the slab but rather sink the poles, it alows for the use of less concreat in the slab process. also some slabs are designed to float on top of the earth wile others are ancored in with footings, a tention slab for instance is pored with high tention cables layed threw the slab and after it dries the wires are pulled tight with a hydrolic puller then clamped in place and cut off, this is a good example of a floating slab, in essence you can lift the slab and house right up and drag it away as the tention wires keep the slab from bending and snaping with shifting soile, i have seen some with hole sides of the house floating. due to water erosion.
    it realy all comes down to the design you chose, be it for soil reasons or financhal ones. kind of like the slab V/S basement, its up to you and then the builder to put in what you want.
    that was probly more info than you were looking for hu.
    no thats cool fun4now thanks for explaining that to me. I have always been curious of this. I was thinking well the place i had lived in the summer was only like 3 months long so I would hear stories like they would build the entire outside of the house first then for the winter they would build all of the inside the house because of all the snow fall. I wasn't sure if maybe they had problems with the concrete curing because it was so cold or what. Thanks

Chris

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i think it has to do with the styl of building involved, his is a barn style so it dose not need a floor to stand he can do that later. it also keeps weather from efecting the poor and cure time. slab types also have a determining factor. but as a barn or post type building you do not ancure to the slab but rather sink the poles, it alows for the use of less concreat in the slab process. also some slabs are designed to float on top of the earth wile others are ancored in with footings, a tention slab for instance is pored with high tention cables layed threw the slab and after it dries the wires are pulled tight with a hydrolic puller then clamped in place and cut off, this is a good example of a floating slab, in essence you can lift the slab and house right up and drag it away as the tention wires keep the slab from bending and snaping with shifting soile, i have seen some with hole sides of the house floating. due to water erosion.
    it realy all comes down to the design you chose, be it for soil reasons or financhal ones. kind of like the slab V/S basement, its up to you and then the builder to put in what you want.
    that was probly more info than you were looking for hu.

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    replied
    sorry if I sound like a smart *** I was just wondering if you were doing concrete. When I use to live in Colorado they would always concrete there garage after the house was built I didn't understand that. Here in the south they pour the entire slab then build the house. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Burnindaylight
    replied
    don't forget to write your initials in the concrete before it dries very nice shop, what's the floor size?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    he is going to do the concreat floor last.

Leave a comment:

• chris2626
    replied
    nice, that thing is big are you going to have concrete floor? or dirt?

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Coalsmoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Pile Buck View Post
    What standing seam means is, none of the screws are exposed. The screws go under the ridge; the next panel covers the screws for the last panel, and generally the panels are only 12 to 16-inch wide not 30 to 36. Not really sure which type of standing seam roof they use large duckbill tongs to crimp the seams together , but that’s a system used too.
    Thanks Pile Buck, sounds like the better way to go here on the wet coast

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    very nice,i really like the porch deal with the side door and windows.im building a 48 x 80 in spring and you have give me a great idea.again very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Pile Buck
    replied
    What standing seam means is, none of the screws are exposed. The screws go under the ridge; the next panel covers the screws for the last panel, and generally the panels are only 12 to 16-inch wide not 30 to 36. Not really sure which type of standing seam roof they use large duckbill tongs to crimp the seams together , but that’s a system used too.

Leave a comment:

• gmc1999
    replied
    It's not big enough.(LOL) See how long it takes before you fill it up.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the nice replys!
    Buck, the roof is just steel like the walls.
    They still have to get the insulation in and the interior needs to have the steel installed. If ya look at the last pic you can see that they started to install the ceiling steel. The walls and ceiling will be white. I will pour the concrete last. After the building is up I'll run the electric and then pour the concrete. I bought a coal stove to heat it. I think it should be ready to move into in 2-3 weeks. I'll keep ya posted.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• Coalsmoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Pile Buck View Post
    That’s one beautiful shop!

Is that a standing seam roof? If so you’ll just love that. I wish I would have gone with it.
    A what now??

Bulldog, that is a very ***y shop I like the 2 tone color choice, very nice indeed. Are you pooring the floor after?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    great looking new play pen ya got going up there. i might just have to diliver your new 350P cover insted of mailing it so i can come play in the new shop.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    Your right Randy it does kinda look my area. Less trees and hills tho.

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Very nice shop!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X