X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the nice comments!! I haven't run the air yet. I'm thinking maybe at the end of this week. I have to get back to work my customers have been very patient but their patients are running out.

Coal, the stove is working great. The other day it was 2 deg F and we had 30 -40 mile per hr winds and the stove was running wide open, but the shop was warm. Well I say warm - warm enough to work comfortable. It was 50 F across the shop from the stove. I'll post some pics. The coal is super clean and there is absolutely no dust. It comes in 40lb bags so it's easy to handle and store.

Scout, no plans for a car lift anytime soon. That's not my line of work.

Portable Welder,
    Thanks for the input. I'll keep your ideas in mind when I plum the shop.

Pete,
    The dog in the pic is Crockett. He's an American Bulldog. He keeps an eye on the place when I'm not around.

The 1st and 2nd pic is of the coal hopper.
    The 3rd pic is a pic of the stoves control panel.
    The 4th and 5th pic is of the cinder hopper. That's about 80lbs of coal burnt and the cinders after.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    To bad my garage ain't tall enough for a lift.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    he may well already have that in mind but i dont think he dose that type of work, although you can get some nice ones that dont require being mounted in the concreat now a days for a decent price, and you can role it out of the way when not in use, big help there.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    If that was my shop I would start saving up for a big ol hydralic car lift.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    On what I think was the Hobart forum a couple years ago there was a big discusion on the piping and there were codes that did not allow the Pvc piping due to temputure and in time the ultra violet rays attacking the plastic making it brittle a suseptable to blowing up.
    on my last two shops I used black Pipe but found now that I finally had my own shop verses renting I would use copper.
    I found running copper to be much easier than running black pipe and for corrosion reasons I wanted to go first class.
    I also ran valves to drain my water with a drip leg at every drop.

Bull dog I keep one of those curly cued hoses hanging at my tig bench to run all my die grinders for tig welding, I keep another short hose at my saw to blow the chips away and another at the drill press to blow chips away.
    I also keep 100' of hose at the door for putting air in tires or for outside painting, another one near the plazma cutter and then a few more.
    All in all I have 5 drops and could use one more and my shop is close to the same size as yours.

Leave a comment:

• Coalsmoke
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    did you run the air yet ?
    looks real empty now but i bet it fills up fast.
    yeah me too, put 2 or 3 tables in there and it will be like home.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    did you run the air yet ?
    looks real empty now but i bet it fills up fast.

Leave a comment:

• Coalsmoke
    replied
    looks good BD, I like your new 250 purchase. Is that stove still working as good as its supposed to? Maybe an update / review forus. How much ash does it produce on a moderately clean coal?

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    LOL ; The dog sure looks right at home there in front of the fire place in his own little bed.
    That Miller family looks pretty happy there also.

Leave a comment:

• weld-tek
    replied
    very nice bulldog,bout what i got in mind for my 3 acres in spring.congrats

Leave a comment:

• Powerstrokinit
    replied
    Makes me jealous!

Were is the MM251?

Tobin

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    More pics
    Bulldog
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Hey guys,
    well got a chance to start moving the gear in. I still have a lot to orginize but thought that I'd take some pics of my progress. It's nice to have a little room to move around. Keep in mind everything that's in the new shop was in my 24X24 garage. There is still more to bring in.
    See ya,
    Bulldog
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    no biggie i'm probly still a little on edge about the one post wonder bashing me the other day. not shore why i let him bother me, just need to up my meds a bit that might help calm me down.

Leave a comment:

• dseman
    replied
    Fun,

Thanks for understanding, I didn't mean to be blasting you personally. I get a little 'vocal' when it comes to safety risks and potential accidents that can be easily avoided.

-dseman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X