Ground Clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipeline Dan
    Looks like it might work well with the big inch stuff, Then a guy could hang you remote and grinders off of it. I like the pipeline ground I have cause its
    quick and easy, the magnets work well even on yellow jacket, Some of the pipe has that thick black or grey "insulation"(I can't spell) where the one I
    use doesn't work worth crap on that stuff, that one you showed me would work great I'd like to sit with you and chat about welding and have
    a jack and coke with you someday( sorry don't see that happening soon)
    We could shoot the **** and get into some good stories. I don't know
    if your girl should come though, isn't she good with a gun
    she would give me a 500 yard start then pick me off I am sure of it
    If your ever around Okotoks I'd have a big thick Alberta AAA beef rib-eye
    for you(love that Alberta beef) and my wife is good with a gun but your
    alright after 250 yards
    She's the one that corrupted me I just made the mistake of teaching her how to shoot I think her and I will be seeing some of her family in edmonton / tomahawk this summer, so we could possibly swing by Okotoks on the way in or out (don't worry, she's not a girly girl, more of a tomboy, and is pretty easy going). A good bull session is definitely in order, do you have a back lawn we could camp out on overnite? I imagine we'd be shooting the breeze well into the morning hours I was actually looking at Okotoks as a place to live in, I heard about how the town is pretty technology oriented and thought it would be a nice area to live in, especially with all the hype that's on the town website, and then I saw the property prices Down here is nuts like that too, 5 acres with a house going for $850-$950,000, and that's what I want to get away from, in a bad way. I keep threatening the girl friend that I'm going to move to Grande Cache, hopefully buy a plot of government land up there or something. I don't know where I'll actually end up, its hard to find trees and work and reasonably priced land (like 160acres for less than 200G) and internet service all in the same place Even 20 or so acres would be enough for me to get by without pissing off the neighbours too bad Between the blacksmith shop, straight piped Cummins truck, and project machines / tractors, there's always noise going on around here. One thing's for sure though, I have put my foot down and said that wherever I go, whether its with her or not, it will have real Canadian winters that start in October and end in May, none of this rain-snow-rain-snow crap that we get for half a year down here.
    hre

Comment

All the welding machines at work have the Kent Ground Clamp, much like a super C-clamp made of bronze. Hardly anything that a Kent can't handle

http://www.kentweldinggun.com/brochu...ound_clamp.pdf
      Barry Milton

HTP Invertig 201
      HTP MIG2400

Miller Trailblazer 302, Spoolmatic 30A, Suitcase 12RC
      Clarke Hotshot

Comment

I made a saddle for my Vicegrip clamp out of a small section of pipe cut into half, welded it to each side of the vicegrip mclamp and welded a stud on the side and mounted the ground lug directly to it just like one of the guys mentioned earlier. Mine mhas the saddle and it doesn't slip on the pipe and stays straight out to be out of the way.

my .02 worth

Comment

Okotoks is big money

[QUOTE=Coalsmoke;71905]I think her and I will be seeing some of her family in edmonton / tomahawk this summer, so we could possibly swing by Okotoks on the way in or out (don't worry, she's not a girly girl, more of a tomboy, and is pretty easy going)., do you have a back lawn we could camp out on overnite? I was actually looking at Okotoks as a place to live in, I heard about how the town is pretty technology oriented and thought it would be a nice area to live in, , and then I saw the property prices

Come on by I'd put you up foresure, I do have a large back yard 3 acres
          green space across the street I don't have a girly girl for a wife
          ether(Ranch girl) 125 lbs and can through bales like there pop cans
          Okotoks had a big solar sub division go in I got the contract for it,
          it was water pipes 3,4" and very very light wall pipe. They wanted to
          mig it first and I laughed at them, then they wanted to tig it so I was
          already to go get my tig ticket, Then it rained for 3 weaks everyday
          day and night. There was a huge flood and everything went for ****
          Great place to live, lots of parks and Calgary is 15 min north of us
          It is getting bigger all the time. Father in law bought a 1/4 sec just
          out side of Okotoks and it sounds like we'll be putting a house on it
          and the wife can run some cows again with here dad, I 'll put up a shop
          and then maybe get out of this pipeline work, but still do stuff for the
          oil patch, thats is still 2-3 years away I bought my house 2 years
          ago and had a relator come and take a look at it and she said I've
          made over 2hundred thousand on it in 2 years and its only
          1800 sq feet.(not big by no means)crazy eh! I' ve lived all across the
          western part of Canada, California, Colorado, Nevada and Wyoming cause of rodeo and put my feet down here(one ranchers daughter) might of
          had something to do with it So if you do come here to live
          bring bags and bags of money
          DODGE 1 TON 6.7
          PIPEPRO 304
          TO MANY TOOLS
          JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
          rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
          and easily upset
          go flames go

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post

Come on by I'd put you up foresure, I do have a large back yard 3 acres
            green space across the street I don't have a girly girl for a wife
            ether(Ranch girl) 125 lbs and can through bales like there pop cans
            Okotoks had a big solar sub division go in I got the contract for it,
            it was water pipes 3,4" and very very light wall pipe. They wanted to
            mig it first and I laughed at them, then they wanted to tig it so I was
            already to go get my tig ticket, Then it rained for 3 weaks everyday
            day and night. There was a huge flood and everything went for ****
            Great place to live, lots of parks and Calgary is 15 min north of us
            It is getting bigger all the time. Father in law bought a 1/4 sec just
            out side of Okotoks and it sounds like we'll be putting a house on it
            and the wife can run some cows again with here dad, I 'll put up a shop
            and then maybe get out of this pipeline work, but still do stuff for the
            oil patch, thats is still 2-3 years away I bought my house 2 years
            ago and had a relator come and take a look at it and she said I've
            made over 2hundred thousand on it in 2 years and its only
            1800 sq feet.(not big by no means)crazy eh! I' ve lived all across the
            western part of Canada, California, Colorado, Nevada and Wyoming cause of rodeo and put my feet down here(one ranchers daughter) might of
            had something to do with it So if you do come here to live
            bring bags and bags of money
            Thanks for the invite, I'll let you know what our plans end up as sometime after spring, that is if there still is an us, might be me an my rig, you know how these thigns go, being young, stubborn, and not compromising That is crazy an increase of $200G in 2 years. How much did he pay for that 1/4 sec. I'm scared to ask. I just want to put down roots in the outskirts of a nice decent town, but its got to have a full time fire department within an hour or so of it for the girl friend, as she's working on getting into a career department (crazy girls ) and that is prooving to be tough to work with because everywhere that's got nice land and is cheap has such a small town that its a volunteer department, and it can't be paid call for her, has to be a career department, so that sort of means no living in the sticks for me .

So did they scrap the project after the flood or did you end up with the contract still?
            hre

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post
              I made a saddle for my Vicegrip clamp out of a small section of pipe cut into half, welded it to each side of the vicegrip mclamp and welded a stud on the side and mounted the ground lug directly to it just like one of the guys mentioned earlier. Mine mhas the saddle and it doesn't slip on the pipe and stays straight out to be out of the way.

my .02 worth

Paul, that's a good idea, thanks for sharing, I'll be keeping that one in the memory bank
              hre

Comment

picture

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post

my .02 worth
                Paul, Can you show us a picture of it?
                I think i know what you mean but a picture would keep me from messing up a good clamp *LOL*
                Thanks, Farris
                Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

Working...
                X