Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    nice storage

Thats a nice setup there portable,that should work out great good luck

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    Looks good, will keep everything clean and dry too.

What's that, a 40' container? You need to move those racks up to the entrance, put another door behind the 20' point, you can store sheets and plates and scraps back there. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Nice job. That looks like a tidy set-up that will serve you well.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Here are pictures of the rack
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I was having trouble with the pictures and accidently started another thread.
    Cal weld my problem was not enouph room for steel racks so I made one with a dedicated spot for everything so I can go in there once a month and take inventory.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    I've tried to maintain an inventory ever since I started business. Any time I ordered steel for a job, I'd always get extra, this way I built it up slowly over time and essentially used the markup on each job to pay for the increase in inventory.

This is especially valuable when doing some little jobs, or taking care of an emergency night or weekend job, on the little jobs you can easily eat up any profit margin chasing material, on the emergency jobs you're a hero when you show up with just the right material.

At this point I've pretty much got all the inventory I need, I just go out a couple times a year and make a list, make an order just to replenish inventory. Any orders over a certain $ amount the steel company delivers, I don't even have to haul it.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    started a topic Portable welders Steel racks

Portable welders Steel racks

Im finally to the point where I need to save money, Every time a job would come through the door which required steel would cause me to spend 1-1/2 hrs to go get it which is at least $ 30.00 including fuel, plus the fact that the average weight of steel that I would go buy would be about 150Lbs. and since your not buying quantity the local steel shop charges 30% more than when I buy quantity from the bigger warehouse.
    So I did some figures and found that I could save approx. $ 70.00 on every trip to the local steel shop if I started stocking steel.
    So I bought a sea can installed steel racks and ordered 18,565 Lbs. of all the different sizes in the book.
    This is quiet an investment that I am making but I know it will pay off in years to come.
Working...
X