No announcement yet.

Portable welders Steel racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cal Weld, They also wanted $ 2,500.00 - 3,000.00 For a nice one, I told the guy I wanted an old one That needed work. When I met one of his guys at the yard that works on them, his guy seen my truck and wanted to talk welding, so after me spending a 1/2 hr talking with him his guy let me have a 1500.00 container for 1200.00 the 1200.00 containers had ripped up floors which were more work than I would have done.

Comment

Maybe container prices are similar both here and there . . .

One thing I would like to mention, though. Now you have inventory, I found it too time-consuming to keep separate prices for each item. I just price everything out at the same price per pound, here $.75/lb seems fair. Anytime I do a substantial job, I normally order steel just for that job, delivered to the jobsite, and mark up the cost of that order, but smaller jobs that come out of inventory get charged the flat rate. Of course, some of this stuff I paid $.20/lb for a few years ago, but who's telling????

Comment

do you plan to heat the container? if not it will pick up moisture from the temp changes here in MI and rust rather quickly unless you can turn your inventory over quick enough.
        The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Pretty sweet. But how do you load it? Do you do it all by hand, or can you fork it in there somehow w/ a forktruck?

Comment

Very nice setup indeed, I would like to suggest a de-humidifier, when summer gets near. High Humidity is a trouble maker for that much money sitting around. Love the Idea and love the ease of design, very cool

Keep your ideas coming, I might need some more!!!

Comment

WOW
              i wana come play at your place.
              great idea, and i'm shore it will pay for its self X2 or more and thats not even counting the agrivation it will save you. i'm shore i'm not the only one to need something only to be told..aaaa next week we can have that for ya. and like said above emergency ready if ever i seen it. good looking racks too, shows real profeshinalisem (even if i cant spell it )
              congrats it should serve ya well.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Tig man you may very well be right, and no I dont turn my inventory all that fast, I will play it by ear,
                I was thinking I may have to insulate the roof some how.
                I figured some one here has to be the ginny pig to see how long it takes to rust in this enviroment.

Comment

I wonder if a fan and vent moving air through there would help? I carry steel here on the 'north-wet coast' and have no problems, and the steel is not in a heated zome, but a door is open every day to let the air flow through
                  hre

Comment

Working...
                  X