X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• may be getting a bandsaw

I mat be getting a bandsaw from my shop teacher for FREE

do i need any cutting fluid with this?

that depends greatly on the bandsaw, but as a general rule, cutting oil will vastly improve blade life.
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Unless it's a big saw dry is fine. Cutting fluid is a messy proposition but if the saw is equipped with a coolant provision I would go ahead and use it.
      Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
      Millermatic Challenger 172
      VictorO/A
      Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
      Esab PCM-875
      Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

its a pretty old bandsaw.......hes thinking about giving me a milwalkee porta band too ...i think he will as im making him 3 carts soon

Comment

Originally posted by clintonwelding1 View Post
          its a pretty old bandsaw.......hes thinking about giving me a milwalkee porta band too ...i think he will as im making him 3 carts soon

Sounds like a good deal to me

Comment

i hope so....ive put in a bout 15 hours and im still going working on the set....so much fun

Comment

Sounds to me like you have a pretty good harted shop teacher.
              Did you ever get around to asking him, or or her to join the site ? I remember you mentioning it befor. I assume he hasn't jioned becouse my spelling has not been corrected yet.
              To all who contribute to this board.
              My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
              Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
              Miller Syncrowave 250
              Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

not yet im going to

Comment

He may already be a member and just hasn't let on yet.
                  To all who contribute to this board.
                  My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
                  Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
                  Miller Syncrowave 250
                  Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Comment

i doubt it, i mentioned i got a free tape measure from the miller board and he gave me the confused face

Comment

cool a band saw will make agreat addition to your up and comming chop. portable of old big one eather is a great addition. sounds like a good trade off for some cart work to me. good going.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                      JAMES

Comment

Andy and the guys, check out my 4x6 bandsaw cutting tips group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sawking/ i prob cut more metal than anybody with my junky 4x6 and i don't use oil. I have cut 7,000 parts this year with 4 blades...Bob
                        Bob Wright

Comment

I wouldn't worry much about cutting fluid..

For most stuff, if you got the right blade and you're not goin crazy with feed and speed you'll be allright. If you're cutting stainless or Invar or something crazy, some Moly D would be good.

Cutting dry is less mess and oil and goo you have to clean up before welding..

Comment

with the thicness you can weld odds are a dry cut will go plenty fast for you, maybee shot it with a lil WD-40 or similer type spray to help out if needed. proper speed for the matereal you are cutting is important. aluminum and SS will cut better at a slower speed and aluminum dose work beter with a spray of WD to help keep the saw teeth from loading up wile cutting.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                            JAMES

Comment

i hope i do get it

Comment

Working...
                              X