muriatic acid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muriatic acid

What kind of container do you need for this stuff??

Will hdpe or ldpe work??

Will it work if diluted and sprayed on?
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

muriatic acid (aka HCL) doesn't attack plastic or glass.

a $0.50 plastic sprayer will work just fine.

HCL should be diluted some, but doesn't have to be. it's kind of like Simple Green in that respect.

*VERY* important... when diluting always pour the HCL INTO the water (distilled if your water has a high pH), not the other way around.
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

I use the plastic coffee cans for my small stuff, 5 gal buckets for the bigger parts and plastic pipe with a cap glued on one end for my gun barrels...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

good info, hope this saves me the headache of grinding hot rolled clean all the time.
        Dynasty 200 DX
        Millermatic 175
        Spectrum 375
        All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Originally posted by Laiky View Post
          good info, hope this saves me the headache of grinding hot rolled clean all the time.
          How big are the parts you are going to do?

Comment

I tried using muratic acid twice since I saw that post. It has worked great. It saves a ton of grinding, because I use mostly steel from a scrap yard.

I have a 24" x 47" piece that I want to use to build my welding table with. Any suggestions on what to use to for a piece that big?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I tried using muratic acid twice since I saw that post. It has worked great. It saves a ton of grinding, because I use mostly steel from a scrap yard.

I have a 24" x 47" piece that I want to use to build my welding table with. Any suggestions on what to use to for a piece that big?
              saw horses, a bucket, a block brush (long handled plastic bristles), chem gloves and a garden hose.

take it outside (preferably on a dirt area), set on the saw hoses, put on chem gloves+ apron, pour some HCL on plate, scrub w/ block brush, hose off. repeat as neccessary.

the only thing I hate about HCL is that it smells like puke (for obvious reasons).
              Bobcat 225NT
              Cutmaster 52
              Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
              Caterpillar TH63
              '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Don't forget EYE PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X