underarmor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underarmor

anyone wear the underarmoro heat gear while welding??? I just got some underarmor for football.

I've worn once before and your able to notice a difference in your body temprature.

Comment

go ahead and burn a couple of holes in those high dollar shirts and you find out why most guys use old pocket T's.

Kelly

Comment

underarmour specifically states to keep their gear away from heat, fire, and open flames. there is a reason for this.

this board sure has lost its edge.. geez.

Comment

Let that stuff get melted to yer hide and you will have a major appreciation for cotton.
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by J hall
            Let that stuff get melted to yer hide and you will have a major appreciation for cotton.
            Nothing like being burned twice, and longer! Ah Jeff!

Comment

I likr to wear my superman underoos when I weld

Comment

Originally posted by clintonwelding1 View Post
                anyone wear the underarmoro heat gear while welding??? I just got some underarmor for football.
                The helmet has no UV protection (unless you wear it backwards) and that hard plastic thing is NOT a nose guard.....

Comment

what???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Trent Combs
                    The helmet has no UV protection (unless you wear it backwards) and that hard plastic thing is NOT a nose guard.....
                    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzooooooooooooooooom right over the youngsters head,

Mr. Combs, you are a funny guy.

Comment

I prefer the " California Welding Uniform "

Shorts, T-Shirt, Sandals

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                        Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzooooooooooooooooom right over the youngsters head,

Mr. Combs, you are a funny guy.

i understood it but helmets and other objects are totally off topic

Comment

I'd definitly wear a shirt over that stuff.

Here's some of what I found

Marines Ban Under Armour

Marines conducting operations outside forward operating bases and camps in Iraq can no longer wear synthetic athletic clothing containing polyester and nylon, Marine Corps commanders have ordered.

The ban on popular clothing from companies like Under Armour, CoolMax and Nike comes in the wake of concerns that a substantial burn risk is associated with wearing clothing made with these synthetic materials, officials said.

When exposed to extreme heat and flames, clothing containing some synthetic materials like polyester will melt and can fuse to the skin. This essentially creates a second skin and can lead to horrific, disfiguring burns, said Navy Capt. Lynn E. Welling, the 1st Marine Logistics Group head surgeon.

Whether on foot patrol or conducting a supply convoy while riding in an armored truck, everyone is at risk to such injuries while outside the wire.
                          DCRC
                          Miller Dynasty 200DX 4/04
                          Miller Big Window Elite helmet-much better than my old Speedglass 9000X
                          Miller Millermatic 135 06/02
                          Miller Spectrum 375 cutmate 04/03

Comment

10 years ago when I was working in a forge shop (steel not $) no synthetic fabrics were allowed in the shop due to the burn risk. In fact, all the hammer operators wore cotton long underwear year round to protect them from the red hot scale knocked off the metal they were forging.

I know when I weld it's cotton with no frayed edges for me.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                            X