X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    Sundown
    a building just came up for sale on main street right in between the only 2 traffic lights we have, about 100yards apart. it is right where the 4 roads into Mt.Morris come in. the first floor is 12' X 55' and the middle and top floors combine into a really nice 1 bedroom apartment. she is going to make it into a sewing shop to display her work and take in fix it type sewing also as well as made to order sewing. wile it might sound risky at first if you add in the fact the price is $39,500.00 the rent from the apartment will cover the over head and there is no one doing any type of restoration work for several county's (we have checked) so she is a much needed commodity. also the genneseo state collage is only 7 minuets away and the wife makes a the type of clothing the young ladies like, so that is also a +.
    so even though i suck at doing searches on the net i have to look for some womens business loan type places to try to get financing for her. the biggest problem will be the fact we do not have $$ for a down payment. the town will give her a $5,000.00 grant for starting a business in the city limits but we would need to get the loan be for we can qualify for the grant. $5,000.00 in free cash is great but having it for the down would be better.
    i looked over the apartment and the shop and not much would need to be done to get her started just add a few shelfs and stuff to the shop, it was a barber shop be for and is cut almost into a 1/3 back room and 2/3 front sales floor, so its a good layout for her. also the apartment has all new appliances, heater, and hot water heater. there is also a full basement with a bath i could play in with my TIG and store some metal art. we are thinking maybe once every other month setup all my metal art and have a gallery display day on a Saturday, maybe even invite other local artists to join in. it's really about as perfect as we could ask for, just a ? of coming up with the $$$ be for some one else snatches it off the market. the wife is an excellent sewer, she even makes her own designs. i really hope we can work it out, but odds are good we wont but it never hurts to try right. wile $40,000.00 may not be much to lots of people to us it way up there, but we will see. all we have to do is get in the door. its funny we were talking to one of the ladies that do the grant stuff and she was getting all excited about the possibility of a seamstress setting up shop. i guess she needs some work done too. she is in genneseo and said they too need one. wile Mt.Morris is not real big $$ town geneseeo is and so is Avon just over the hill. so the market is there for her if we can get her started. so wish us luck and we shall see.

wow that got long, i guess i could have just said "yep its going to be sewing" LOL oh well, sorry to stretch it out so much. i did spell check for ya though.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by TJS View Post
    Congrats on going Blue...
    T.J.
    Thanks, that would be blue-er I guess.

Leave a comment:

• TJS
    replied
    Congrats on going Blue...
    T.J.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    congrats on the new toy, some day i hope to make the jump also, but for now i just gotta work on more power to the shop. ok well power at all to the one shop and better power to the other. if we manage to get a shop for the wife in town i just might have a chance of getting that dyn200 befor too long, the wife would love to get me one. we shall see if we can find a way to buy the shop in town first, then we can wory about my toys.
    You will get there I am sure, BTW what sort of shop in town is your wife trying to get? I am guessing it has something to do with sewing.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    congrats on the new toy, some day i hope to make the jump also, but for now i just gotta work on more power to the shop. ok well power at all to the one shop and better power to the other. if we manage to get a shop for the wife in town i just might have a chance of getting that dyn200 befor too long, the wife would love to get me one. we shall see if we can find a way to buy the shop in town first, then we can wory about my toys.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiky View Post
    Well then, Congrats!!

Welcome to the club!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    Well then, Congrats!!

Welcome to the club!

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Much thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• KB Fabrications
    replied
    Good for you George!

Leave a comment:

• katiebo
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalsmoke
    Glad you're indulging yourself, it's not like you haven't earned it
    I coundn't agree more.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiky
    What specifically do you want the dynasty to do that the TA won't??

I thought you were getting a 300?
    I don't recall saying I was getting a 300, just that I wanted more amps ... well, 15 amps is more. No great mystery here, I always wanted a D200DX ... just because it's what I wanted ... now I can afford it and I am not getting any younger and if I can have what I want, then thats what I am going to get. As to your question ... nothing I can think of, I just want it to be a Miller Dynasty 200DX instead of a Thermal Arc 185TSW. I am, as they say indulging myself.

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    What specifically do you want the dynasty to do that the TA won't??

I thought you were getting a 300?

Leave a comment:

• tigman250
    replied
    Congrats! i too someday "want" (<--me too! LOL) to add an inverter to my welding lineup if for no other reason to have the wicked pulse rates to play with!

let us know how you like it!

Leave a comment:

• clintonwelding1
    replied
    niceeee, gotts get us some pics of the cart with the dynasty

Leave a comment:

• katiebo
    replied
    Congratulations George! I'm certain that the new toy will serve you well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X