New toy on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sundown
    a building just came up for sale on main street right in between the only 2 traffic lights we have, about 100yards apart. it is right where the 4 roads into Mt.Morris come in. the first floor is 12' X 55' and the middle and top floors combine into a really nice 1 bedroom apartment. she is going to make it into a sewing shop to display her work and take in fix it type sewing also as well as made to order sewing. wile it might sound risky at first if you add in the fact the price is $39,500.00 the rent from the apartment will cover the over head and there is no one doing any type of restoration work for several county's (we have checked) so she is a much needed commodity. also the genneseo state collage is only 7 minuets away and the wife makes a the type of clothing the young ladies like, so that is also a +.
    so even though i suck at doing searches on the net i have to look for some womens business loan type places to try to get financing for her. the biggest problem will be the fact we do not have $$ for a down payment. the town will give her a $5,000.00 grant for starting a business in the city limits but we would need to get the loan be for we can qualify for the grant. $5,000.00 in free cash is great but having it for the down would be better.
    i looked over the apartment and the shop and not much would need to be done to get her started just add a few shelfs and stuff to the shop, it was a barber shop be for and is cut almost into a 1/3 back room and 2/3 front sales floor, so its a good layout for her. also the apartment has all new appliances, heater, and hot water heater. there is also a full basement with a bath i could play in with my TIG and store some metal art. we are thinking maybe once every other month setup all my metal art and have a gallery display day on a Saturday, maybe even invite other local artists to join in. it's really about as perfect as we could ask for, just a ? of coming up with the $$$ be for some one else snatches it off the market. the wife is an excellent sewer, she even makes her own designs. i really hope we can work it out, but odds are good we wont but it never hurts to try right. wile $40,000.00 may not be much to lots of people to us it way up there, but we will see. all we have to do is get in the door. its funny we were talking to one of the ladies that do the grant stuff and she was getting all excited about the possibility of a seamstress setting up shop. i guess she needs some work done too. she is in genneseo and said they too need one. wile Mt.Morris is not real big $$ town geneseeo is and so is Avon just over the hill. so the market is there for her if we can get her started. so wish us luck and we shall see.

wow that got long, i guess i could have just said "yep its going to be sewing" LOL oh well, sorry to stretch it out so much. i did spell check for ya though.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

George,

Congrats on the Dynasty! You'll really like it.
      I know that the TA is a good machine, but sometimes you just want what you want.

James,

Good Luck on the building! It's time for some good things to come your way.
      Bob Sigmon
      A/O Setup with Meco Midget
      Miller Big Window Elite
      Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

man i realy hope so, we are realy tired of scraping buy and counting pennies. its not like we dont want to work, it seems like i'm working harder now trying to find a way to make some $$ then i did when i was building houses...... ... of cores that could just be the fact i realy loved building houses. the wife also just started making her own line of purses, realy cool stuff, but again hard to show off in a picture on e-bay.a shop would realy get her going, she loves sewing so its more like fun than work to her so i know she will do great if we can get her stuff in a shop. we tryed selling them in a consinment shop in genneseeo last year but the lady that owned the place just sold her stuff and dint want to pay marie for the work. when marie thought it had not sold after a wile she went to get it back,first the lady said she could not getit back as it was on layaway for some one so marie couldnt get it back but she would pay her when the layaway was paid off, when marie said that was not ok she wanted paid or the skirt back then the lady said it had been stolen, then she gave her some sob story about how she had topay the bills for the shopand she would try to give marie 1/2 of the price. it was realy bad sean and we havent tryed consinments scence then, but the skirt sold for $85. it was jeans with a baby farie under a muchroom playing with a snail. realy neat skirt and well werth the $$ so we know her stuff will sell.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

James,

The best thing would be the fact that you would own the building. Unfortunately, landlords tend to suck out more money than I care to pay. If you own the building (be sure to set a seperate LLC for the business) you are paying yourself. If, God forbid, your wife's venture does not pan out you can always rent out to another business and make a good income. Either way you are putting the money into your own pocket.

I relly hope that this works out for your family. You deserve it.
          Bob Sigmon
          A/O Setup with Meco Midget
          Miller Big Window Elite
          Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

yep every loan payment is just $ in the bank tword retirement, even though she would likely still be doing it just to stay buisy even when she is old. being as she is only 24 now thats a long time down the road anyway. another advantage to the shop is its right on the main road to lechwerth park, so it get a lot of turest trafic. marie worked in a historical clothing shop on the same street and every day several people would stop in thinking it was a clothing or anteak store. thats all good buisness, especialy if we wmbroider somthing about the park on it. that would make it a great souvenear item for the turests. its just about as close to a shore thing as you could get. i mean realy a building thats paying for its self + some then add in turest trafic, a local service not offerd by any one else in the area, and a collage full of girls with $$ and no store near with clothing they like. its all good, just gotta get there and we will be doing good. so cross your fingers for us. as a woman starting a buisness i'm shore there are good opertunitys for help getting a starter loan just got to locate it. there are also lots of stuff out there for the renewal of small town too. we just gotta tap into whats available and get things going befor we lose this building. all the others in the town are $60,000 and up so this is the one we need to grab befor its gone.
            Sundown, sorry about the thread hijack, congrats agin on the new toy.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            JAMES

Comment

No problem with the hijack James, we wish you all the luck in the world ... if hard work means anything in this world anymore you guys will get there.

Thanks for the good word Bob, looks like the machine will be here Monday, the new BWE came today, and it was not due till next tuesday. I have been working on the mods to the cart as the Dynasty is alot bigger (about 5" more from front to back)than the TA it seems.
              Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
              Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
              Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
              Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

wow you got a new BWE to, you are treating your self. good for you. the dyn is pretty long, good looking unit for shore though. lets see the newly remodled cart when you get done. witch design did you go with on the BWE they almost have too many to chose from now, i'm kinda glad i got mine befor all the new designs came out or it would have taken me a week just to try to figure out wich one to get .
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                  wow you got a new BWE to, you are treating your self. good for you. the dyn is pretty long, good looking unit for shore though. lets see the newly remodled cart when you get done. witch design did you go with on the BWE they almost have too many to chose from now, i'm kinda glad i got mine befor all the new designs came out or it would have taken me a week just to try to figure out wich one to get .
                  Stars & Stripes, I'm kinda of dull ... most of the others are too wild for me, nice though.
                  Regards, George

Comment

nice.......why get something fancy when ya can represent the usa while using a helmet made out of the usa? lol

Comment

Originally posted by clintonwelding1 View Post
                      nice.......why get something fancy when ya can represent the usa while using a helmet made out of the usa? lol
                      Uhhh, dude, none of the Miller helmets are made in the USA.
                      Dynasty 350DX
                      Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
                      MM 350P
                      MM Passport Plus
                      Spectrum 375 Extreme
                      08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

thats what i said

hes representing the usa with the stars and stripes but the helmets made in tawain by 6 year olds

Comment

i got the stars and stripes also its not boring its a realy nice design, simple and to the point.
                          if its your first BWE you will realy like it, if its not your first you already know you will like it. it takes a bit of wearing to smooth in the head gear so it will stay ajusted just right for flipping up and down, but after the break in is over its great all around.
                          thanks for the help
                          ......or..........
                          hope i helped
                          sigpic
                          JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by clintonwelding1 View Post
                            thats what i said

hes representing the usa with the stars and stripes but the helmets made in tawain by 6 year olds
                            Jacksons the hood that should come in stars and stripes.
                            Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                            Millermatic Challenger 172
                            VictorO/A
                            Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                            Esab PCM-875
                            Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Enjoy the new blue, George. Pics would be nice as well.
                              Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
                              '06 12RC feeder
                              Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
                              Esab Multimaster 260
                              Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by tailshaft56 View Post
                                Jacksons the hood that should come in stars and stripes.
                                Dennis,

Jackson NextGen comes in a version that has stars and strips on the sides and a eagle on the top, looks cool
                                Regards, George

Comment

Working...
                                X