Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J hall
    replied
    I took a test on my Ranger 305G, and it read 105db under the hood, and against the grille of the machine.
    Tell him if he wants to measure sound levels on a machine, to set his meter to slow reponse, A weighting. And obviously, keep the meter a reasonable distance from the machine

A moron with a fancy meter is still a moron

Leave a comment:

• J hall
    replied
    Sounds like he doesn't have his decimeter set to the right scale.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    Sberry, these are current figures, the "front row of rock concert" you would be familiar with from your younger days (we won't say how many years ago ) were probably much higher . . .

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Makes a big difference in which direction the exhaust is aimed too, against a building its going to sound loud, tell him to turn the thing that may help. Now we have to lower some standards I think,, ha Front Rows of Rock Concert 1*10-1 W/m2 110 dB
    Threshold of Pain 1*101 W/m2 130 dB

Leave a comment:

• BCarlucci
    replied
    That is exactly what i had told him, it's at 23' and he's swore up and down that it was at that far, but..... i think he's measureing it right at the machine, because of the look on his face i could almost tell he didn't do it at 23'. Thanks for this list, i also think he might have ment 100.6 dba and not 106, but the guy was in such a rage coming into my store i wasn't paying to much attention to whether he said 100.6 or 106. I just wanted to calm him down.

Leave a comment:

• shadetreewelder
    replied
    I doubt also that the noise is that high, where is you customer measuring the sound level? The 75.5 with the Kohler is measured at 23' which is the standard.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    Very doubtful it's that loud . . . I copied the following information from a school's website . . . your customer has no idea what a decibel is . . .

Threshold of Hearing (TOH) 1*10-12 W/m2 0 dB
    Rustling Leaves 1*10-11 W/m2 10 dB
    Whisper 1*10-10 W/m2 20 dB
    Normal Conversation 1*10-6 W/m2 60 dB
    Busy Street Traffic 1*10-5 W/m2 70 dB
    Vacuum Cleaner 1*10-4 W/m2 80 dB
    Large Orchestra 6.3*10-3 W/m2 98 dB
    Walkman at Maximum Level 1*10-2 W/m2 100 dB
    Front Rows of Rock Concert 1*10-1 W/m2 110 dB
    Threshold of Pain 1*101 W/m2 130 dB
    Military Jet Takeoff 1*102 W/m2 140 dB
    Instant Perforation of Eardrum 1*104 W/m2 160 dB

Leave a comment:

• BCarlucci
    started a topic Trailblazer 302 w/ELFP

Trailblazer 302 w/ELFP

Morning guys,

I have a question for those of you who might know something about this. I had a customer who just recently purchased the Trailblazer 302, he is using it as a generator for his house/welder for his shop. He just picked it up 2 days ago and is now telling me that it is pulling 106/107 Dba, and it is supposed to be only 75.5 Dba. I know the customer is always "right" but how is this possible? Could it be the machine? could it be that he has the service/engine latches down? Or could it really be pulling 106/107 Dba. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also any questions you need to know i'll try to answer as best as possible.

Thanks,
    Brian
Working...
X