Where to buy coupon bender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy coupon bender?

I know...."just make one." That may be an option, if we can have the guys in the machine shop whip one out...

However, surely somebody makes them and sells them at a decent price. If the price is good enough, we may be better off to buy one. We just need a hydraulic one.

Any ideas where to get one?

how thick are you looking to bend ?
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
      how thick are you looking to bend ?
      Probably 1/4-3/8.

Comment

i know you know how to do it, but at my school my teacher built it just 5/8ths plate steel box with a bottle jack ,and of course the bending apparatus, we do aws guided bend tests everyday, 3/8" works good if you dont mind pumping a bottle jack

Comment

Yeah, I can make one, but if you can buy one cheap enough, I wouldn't waste the time making one.

Comment

We have a coupon bender at school I'll have to wait till I go back on Monday to see if I can find a name on it. I know this thing should be able to bend up to one inch thick and it is also hydrollic driven.

Chris

Comment

here's another

http://www.trieng.com/bend.html

Comment

Votech here uses a shop made attachment for the ironworker. Just a round die that sits on table and a piece that attaches to the arm with an upside down U. If your shop has an ironworker that would be the cheapest solution.
                Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                Millermatic Challenger 172
                VictorO/A
                Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                Esab PCM-875
                Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

I think it should be mandatory that all benders have a video camera mounted to them so the expressions of the person being tested could be caught on tape. There is a reason they call them machines the “heart break machine”

Comment

Great idea Pile Buck!!
                    Econotig
                    MM175

Comment

Pile Buck you don't want a camera on me when I bend my coupons at school
                      well not sound anyway you will hear every curse word in the book from me. LOL I think everyone in my class hates that bender haha

Comment

I felt the anxiety in my last tig class and I wasn't even being tested.
                        Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                        Millermatic Challenger 172
                        VictorO/A
                        Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                        Esab PCM-875
                        Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

one stop shop for pratically all youre needs

Hey Engloid log on to www.fischerengr.com

Im sure youll be satisfied

if not ill try to dig up the specs for a coupon bender we built when i was in welding school

Comment

Those are some nice benders, but still not in the range where I can go to the boss and tell him that, based on price to buy/work to make, we should buy one. I may just wind up making one.

Comment

Engloid I know this is kinda old post but I checked at school today to see what kinda bender we have and there is no name i do know it is hydroliclly driven and is all electric there is no pupming of any handle. I don't know if this thing was home made or not but is nice. by the way thanks for help with my 2G pipe it came out great today. Thanks

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X