Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are the 375 Extreme plasmas going on sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are the 375 Extreme plasmas going on sale?

Keep looking for them at Cyberweld & B&R, also google to check for any info and get nothing. Very interested in getting one, but my LWS doesn't deal and likes TD plasmas over Miller anyway. Are they still on the way or have they run into some glitch?
    Manny

What kind of prices are out there? From RAM Welding Supply, it's $1218 with the "X" case.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Hey Manny were in Ohio are from?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScout View Post
        Hey Manny were in Ohio are from?
        Over by Youngstown, NE corner of the state, where about ya'll??

Comment

I'm about an hours drive from Youngstown just off of 76.

Comment

I saw one in Tulsa @ Lampton Welding Supply. I was quoted $1500. As a rough guide you can step up to the next higher unit from the online suppliers for what the locals charge. For $1500 I can get a Powermax 600 and have money left over to spend on flowers for my funeral. LOL
            Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
            Millermatic Challenger 172
            VictorO/A
            Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
            Esab PCM-875
            Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

BTW my Local guy here in town has a Cutmaster 81 I can get for 2 grand. Unit was previously sold but return without being used. I can't really justify it but it looks like a lost puppy sitting there. I keep hoping some else adopts it before I do. LOL
              Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
              VictorO/A
              Esab PCM-875

Comment

Originally posted by Manny
                When are the 375 Extreme plasmas going on sale?
                Good luck. I paid $1200 for mine w/case and that was before the price increase. I bought it through my LWS. For me, it was a matter of need for the portability. I couldn't see myself dragging around a CM 81 for the work I do. **** I don't even load up my CM 50 for mobile work. If you have a NEED for it, I would just get it as it will pay for itself over time. JMO.
                Dynasty 350DX
                Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
                MM 350P
                MM Passport Plus
                Spectrum 375 Extreme
                08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

tailshaft56
                  I can't really justify it but it looks like a lost puppy sitting there. I keep hoping some else adopts it before I do
                  you could adopt it and send it to me i will give it a good home with lots ove love. it can play with my spectrum 125, i realy need a bigger unit in plasma, just dont have the $$$
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

For a home hobbyist shop, I'd save myself a few hundred dollars, and go with a Spectrum 375 instead of the more expensive Extreme model. The only advantage I seeing with the Extreme, is the smaller package, which isn 't worth the extra cost in my case. After all, the Spectrum 375 isn't any larger then a compact 175/180 MIG unit.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                      tailshaft56
                      I can't really justify it but it looks like a lost puppy sitting there. I keep hoping some else adopts it before I do
                      you could adopt it and send it to me i will give it a good home with lots ove love. it can play with my spectrum 125, i realy need a bigger unit in plasma, just dont have the $$$
                      If I had the bucks it would be on it's way. but alas I don't.
                      Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                      VictorO/A
                      Esab PCM-875

Comment

Originally posted by tailshaft56 View Post
                        If I had the bucks it would be on it's way. but alas I don't.

Just a thought, if you do get the bucks I also will be needing one of those to sit next to my 375.
                        Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                        Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                        Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                        Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          For a home hobbyist shop, I'd save myself a few hundred dollars, and go with a Spectrum 375 instead of the more expensive Extreme model. The only advantage I seeing with the Extreme, is the smaller package, which isn 't worth the extra cost in my case. After all, the Spectrum 375 isn't any larger then a compact 175/180 MIG unit.
                          The pluses of the X-treme outweigh extra cost in my view, though that probably isn't the case in many others situations. This and my Passport will give me great capability that will work anywhere I can get 110 power and that I can easily move in my VW's trunk. Plus take up minimal room in my already cramped single car shop/garage (which only has 110 as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                            The pluses of the X-treme outweigh extra cost in my view, though that probably isn't the case in many others situations. This and my Passport will give me great capability that will work anywhere I can get 110 power and that I can easily move in my VW's trunk. Plus take up minimal room in my already cramped single car shop/garage (which only has 110 as well).
                            Manny, in your case, it sounds like your wanting to save a little space by getting the slightly smaller unit. Anyway, I just wanted to point out, for others reading this who might not know, that like the Extreme model, the Spectrum 375 is capable of being ran on a 120V circuit too.

Comment

The 375 standard is pig when you pick it up. The X-treme is a breeze to move.
                              Even around the house it make sense to me. I hate lugging the 120/230 standard inverter Thermal XL-38 I have. I enjoyed the time I used a esab
                              250 (18 amp/ 120 volt) plasma that weighed 8 pounds. It funny how much weight has a factor in which tool you have to pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X