Help codes on mm350p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help codes on mm350p

I've had a mm350p for just over a week now and have run about 30" of bead so far. The latest time firing it up it gave me a help code 9 (pulse feature not working). I hadn't used the pulse feture yet. I used the welder in mig mode with no problems for about 10 min. then the help code was gone. I was then able to try out the pulse feature and it seemed to do fine. No more help codes were given. Is this something I should worry about or is this a common glitch when these units are new?

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by Newblue
    I've had a mm350p for just over a week now and have run about 30" of bead so far. The latest time firing it up it gave me a help code 9 (pulse feature not working). I hadn't used the pulse feture yet. I used the welder in mig mode with no problems for about 10 min. then the help code was gone. I was then able to try out the pulse feature and it seemed to do fine. No more help codes were given. Is this something I should worry about or is this a common glitch when these units are new?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Look in the back of your manual. There is a number for Miller Electric there. Call and ask to speak to someone in Mig Applications and they will take care of you.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

I've noticed on ours that if I happen to be pushing the trigger as the machine is booting up from the initial flip of the switch, it will give me an error message. I just turn it back off, then on again with no problems.
      Miller 350P XR push/pull
      Miller 250 DX
      Spectrum 2050 Plasma

Comment

Hi, Any luck with Miller? , Jeff
        200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Comment

Thank you for the help. Yes, I called Miller and the service tech said that it's problably a loose ribbon type data cable. He also said that when the unit heats up the teminal makes contact and thats when the help code goes away. It was recomended that I take it in under warranty. I then called the sales rep I bought it from and am waiting for a reply from him.

Thanks again,
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X