Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC702
    replied
    The last I heard was that Toyota had to design a pushrod engine to be eligible. I thought even the trucks were running pushrod engines right now.

Dodge is the only outfit still SELLING pushrod engines, aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• harmony
    replied
    Porsche is planning to compete in NASCAR, should be interesting..........

Leave a comment:

• shorttrakracr07
    replied
    I think Fuel injection would be cool but it would take a lot of money for all that new technology to be introduced competitively. Yes carburetors are 25 year old technology but they have gotten better in those 25 years. Toyota in NASCAR is definetely stir up a lot. Correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think their motor is a pushrod, or is it? I cant remember.

my $.02

Jared

Leave a comment:

• frank865
    replied
    Fuel injection would throw a big hump into the learning curve alright...But come-on...Carbs are 25 years out of date...Drag them into the modern world.

It's only cheating if they get caught isn't it???

Leave a comment:

• MeanDean
    replied
    If they go to fuel injection they will have to make the fuel cells smaller. It will improve milage and Nascar IMO wants fuel stop strategy to be part of the game. Also It will be a huge learning curve for the cheaters and the Nascar police. OOOPS. They dont cheat in Nascar do they.lol.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    We're talking about the same Toyotas that have been made in the US by UAW union workers for the last 20 years, right?

Leave a comment:

• martymar333
    replied
    Originally posted by bill5674
    speaking of nascar,,anybody besides me pissed that they are letting toyota into the cup? Figured i`d stir up up some poo....

i don't have a problem with it.

marty

Leave a comment:

• bill5674
    replied
    speaking of nascar,,anybody besides me pissed that they are letting toyota into the cup? Figured i`d stir up up some poo....

Leave a comment:

• frank865
    replied
    It may have been talked to death before, but I've not seen it...
    When is NASCAR going to fuel injection? No "stock car" has had a carburetor for 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    Jeff Gordon is cocky. JMHO. The real champ in my book was Dale Ernhart, Sr and he was also a cocky something or other.

Leave a comment:

• RDK
    replied
    Originally posted by MAC702
    Speed has nothing to do with class.
    Not sure what kind of "class" you're talking about!

Yo' buddy Jack Roush couldn't build a motor that would last a entire race-sooooo- he combines with Robert Yates Racing, Rowdy shows 'em how to build a motor-gets absolutely NOTHING in return from Roush or Ford. Just plain screwed him over, word is Yates may defecting back the Bowtie boys. Now that is "class" !

The guy that started this thread did want to talk motorsports, didn't He?

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    I know a few "fast women" that illustrate that point exactly!!!

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RDK
    replied
    Argue?

I've always thought Jeff Burton was a class act. WAY TOO CLASSY for the likes of Richard Childress Racing. I've very glad to see him as their star right now.
    Just exactly is WHAT IS NOT CLASSY about Richard Childress Racing ? Maybe you noticed Burton is WAY faster in a Chevy than a Roushmobile?

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdogjoe62
    forget jeff gorden look how good JEFF BURTON is doing this year
    I've always thought Jeff Burton was a class act. WAY TOO CLASSY for the likes of Richard Childress Racing. I've very glad to see him as their star right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X