Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAC702
    Speed has nothing to do with class.
    Not sure what kind of "class" you're talking about!

Yo' buddy Jack Roush couldn't build a motor that would last a entire race-sooooo- he combines with Robert Yates Racing, Rowdy shows 'em how to build a motor-gets absolutely NOTHING in return from Roush or Ford. Just plain screwed him over, word is Yates may defecting back the Bowtie boys. Now that is "class" !

The guy that started this thread did want to talk motorsports, didn't He?

Comment

Jeff Gordon is cocky. JMHO. The real champ in my book was Dale Ernhart, Sr and he was also a cocky something or other.
      The definition of courage. "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through to the end no matter what." From "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Comment

It may have been talked to death before, but I've not seen it...
        When is NASCAR going to fuel injection? No "stock car" has had a carburetor for 20 years.
        Syncrowave 180 SD
        MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
        1971 Roughneck 1e
        Stars-n-Stripes BWE
        Optrel Satellite OSE
        ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
        Lincoln 200SA Diesel
        O/A Set
        Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
        1.5 kVA Spot Welder
        Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
        My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

speaking of nascar,,anybody besides me pissed that they are letting toyota into the cup? Figured i`d stir up up some poo....

Comment

Originally posted by bill5674
            speaking of nascar,,anybody besides me pissed that they are letting toyota into the cup? Figured i`d stir up up some poo....

i don't have a problem with it.

marty
            Miller Synchrowave 250
            OTC 300DM with external wire feeder
            Miller XLi Dale Sr., fibre metal hoods
            Metaltek of Ky. Inc.
            Home of the Stephensburg weld

Comment

We're talking about the same Toyotas that have been made in the US by UAW union workers for the last 20 years, right?

Comment

If they go to fuel injection they will have to make the fuel cells smaller. It will improve milage and Nascar IMO wants fuel stop strategy to be part of the game. Also It will be a huge learning curve for the cheaters and the Nascar police. OOOPS. They dont cheat in Nascar do they.lol.

Comment

Fuel injection would throw a big hump into the learning curve alright...But come-on...Carbs are 25 years out of date...Drag them into the modern world.

It's only cheating if they get caught isn't it???
                  Syncrowave 180 SD
                  MM185 with 3035 Spool gun
                  1971 Roughneck 1e
                  Stars-n-Stripes BWE
                  Optrel Satellite OSE
                  ESAB 875 Plasma Torch
                  Lincoln 200SA Diesel
                  O/A Set
                  Century 250A/C-D/C BuzzBox
                  1.5 kVA Spot Welder
                  Phoenix Electrode Conditioning Oven

Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
                  My own shop since 1981

Cya Frank

Comment

I think Fuel injection would be cool but it would take a lot of money for all that new technology to be introduced competitively. Yes carburetors are 25 year old technology but they have gotten better in those 25 years. Toyota in NASCAR is definetely stir up a lot. Correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think their motor is a pushrod, or is it? I cant remember.

my $.02

Jared
                    All electrical devices are powered by smoke. That is why when smoke comes out they don't work anymore!

Comment

Porsche is planning to compete in NASCAR, should be interesting..........

Comment

The last I heard was that Toyota had to design a pushrod engine to be eligible. I thought even the trucks were running pushrod engines right now.

Dodge is the only outfit still SELLING pushrod engines, aren't they?

Comment

They will never make the move to injection. Way too easy to cheat it up. Carbs are simple and easy to tech, let alone FAR cheaper than an injection set-up. By the way, what did I miss? Richard Childress is a very classy guy.
                          Miller 350P XR push/pull
                          Miller 250 DX
                          Spectrum 2050 Plasma

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
                            The last I heard was that Toyota had to design a pushrod engine to be eligible. I thought even the trucks were running pushrod engines right now.

Dodge is the only outfit still SELLING pushrod engines, aren't they?
                            Every current GM V8 with the exception of the Northstar is a pushrod engine. there's nothing inherently wrong w/ pushrods, it allows for a far more efficient package. just compare size and outputs of the Ls7 Corvette engine to any OHC V8 engine.
                            Bobcat 225NT
                            Cutmaster 52
                            Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
                            Caterpillar TH63
                            '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Thanks, Bretsk! Glad I asked.

Comment

TOYOTA-

The Toyota engine has the same general specs as the other brands. Pushrod, single cam, single carb, cast iron block..... They are close in dyno numbers at the rest. One of the guys that worked for me for a couple years was hired by NASCAR as an inpector. The real scoop is that the Toyotas are very close in hp. Only between 4-12 hp difference. At every race, NASCAR brings a chassis dyno in to check the top finishing cars and trucks. They use these numbers to keep a check on all the teams hp performance and make sure that one brand doesn't have a total overall advantage.
                                As for Yates and Roush.... It was ONLY a merger of the engine department that was wanted by both Yates and Roush. Yates didn't want any chassis help from Roush and both teams get the same wind tunnel data from ford. So when all those years when Roush had to win by making the chassis turn better in the middle of the corner instead of just HP, they naturally got even better when the engine merger occured. Remember, Matt Kenseth won the championship with Roush engines BEFORE the Roush/Yates deal took place. Can't fault a team for doing it's homework. Roush has more engineers than any team. I know, I have to deal with them

A

Comment

Working...
                                X