Son's new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son's new toy

I know I am a new member but I thought I would jump right in and share some pictures of one of our latest projects. It is a custom go-kart that my son and I built. Like I mentioned earlier in my introduction that I just can't leave anything alone.
    Attached Files

Nice job Mike! Is that the stock plastic cover on the torque converter, and if it is, what kind of paint did you use on it?

Comment

nice work Mike

marty
      Miller Synchrowave 250
      OTC 300DM with external wire feeder
      Miller XLi Dale Sr., fibre metal hoods
      Metaltek of Ky. Inc.
      Home of the Stephensburg weld

Comment

Thanks rmack. It is the original cover. I scuffed it with a scotchbrite pad and used PPG epoxy primer for adhesion then light coats of bases and candies over that then let it set for about an hour and three coats of clear. The pictures really don't do the color justice, it jumps in the sun.

Comment

Looks nice from what I can see. Those pictures are way too small to get a good look though.
          Dynasty 350DX
          Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
          MM 350P
          MM Passport Plus
          Spectrum 375 Extreme
          08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

I too like what I see.Whats on it for power?If I missed this earlier I`m sorry,To many long days and shorter nights.

Comment

powertrain

Thanks for your appreciation. The engine is a 5.5 HP Briggs & Stratton OHV engine with a Comet variable ratio transmission. We removed the original air cleaner and machined an aluminum adapter to mount a small K&N chrome air filter and removed the stock baffle type muffler and made a straight pipe in which we had HPC coated.

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications
                Looks nice from what I can see. Those pictures are way too small to get a good look though.
                it looks really cool but i can't see it!
                The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Working...
                X