X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashed by mutiple bead runners

does anyone know of a over-counter cure 4 arc eye need 2 know bad

Yeah...

Go to your local nude beach. You'll forget about that arc burn real quick like.

Comment

I had it awhile ago from just doing some tack welds. All I know is that any little bit of sunlight made it painful. I just wore sunglasses any second I was outside. Good Luck

Comment

Kanoa, that was just a warning!

If you got it bad, have several cold, wet wash clothes handy, apply with lots of pressure, and be prepared to not sleep a wink tonight.

...if you can read this.

Comment

When I worked at the shipyard we kept ground up raw potatoes in the freezer at the first sign of flash burn put them on your eyes. works great. but not getting burned is much better.

Comment

I had it once. Basically there is nothing to fix it but time. There are some things out there to help make you more comfortable, but beyond that you'll be ok after a couple days! Sorry.

Comment

Slices of raw potatos. Motrin/ Ibprophen helps alittle but just to take the edge of. There's an eye ointment that works well but I think it needs to be prescribed I got some after scratching the lens of my eyeball weedeating.
              Joe
              [email protected]

Comment

If it is real bad you can go to the emergency room and they will put steroid based eye drops in and that will make you feel beter rather quickly.
                Terence

Comment

Go to the drug store,they make ice packs that look like a sleep mask that covers both eyes.you put it in the freezer.Once froze apply to your closed eyes and take asprin to help the swelling.Thats what i was told to use at the Hospital long time back for a bad flash burn.
                  Trailblazer 250G
                  Bobcat 225
                  Miller 150 STL
                  Lincoln SA-200
                  Miller XMT 304
                  Lincoln Squarewave 355
                  Lincoln 140C
                  Lincoln 170T
                  Miller S-22A feeder
                  Miller 30A Spoolgun
                  Miller XR-15
                  Lincoln LN-25's
                  Hypetherm 380
                  Trailblazer 302
                  Spectrum 875
                  Just to mention a few

Comment

Originally posted by Terence638
                    If it is real bad you can go to the emergency room and they will put steroid based eye drops in and that will make you feel beter rather quickly.
                    Terence
                    This is after you scream at them for 10 minutes because they want you to fill out paperwork first. Do yourself a favor and buy some on the black market and hang on to them. You WILL NOT get them in time if you rely on medical practitioners. Ask my Dad.

Comment

If it's that bad...

Go see a medical doctor. No ifs ands or buts. This is the best advise you will ever get on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
                        Do yourself a favor and buy some on the black market and hang on to them. You WILL NOT get them in time if you rely on medical practitioners. Ask my Dad.
                        What exactly do you suggest that someone buy on the "black market" and put in their eyes for flash burn? Seems like someone could cause themself more problems if they don't get the right medication or use it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by fatfrank
                          What exactly do you suggest that someone buy on the "black market" and put in their eyes for flash burn? Seems like someone could cause themself more problems if they don't get the right medication or use it correctly.
                          Good point, wish I knew. But I can tell you lots of stories of welders I've known who would sit in waiting rooms writhing while waiting for the doctor. About the time the doctor gets to you, you're starting to feel better because the first hour is the worst anyway. Good enough, in fact, that by that time you can refuse treatment and go home fine. Then you get to send them a nasty note when they bill you.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not a doctor. But I'm more inclined to believe that emergency care is probably getting worse than it is getting better. If you are hurt badly, including UV burns to the eyes, by all means consider going to the emergency room.

I'm just letting you know the reality of the basic urban care centers, and you shouldn't expect instant relief. Which is criminal because it's so possible.

Comment

got the cure

thanks everybody 4 the help what worked was a combo, of things 1vasinine natural tears.2 super cold eye-compress.3 and a trip to welding supply 2 obtain a pair of #5 cutting shades the potatoes would of made me hungry and the nudie beach would of made me....... will save both 4 weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by welddinggod
                              ... and a trip to welding supply 2 obtain a pair of #5 cutting shades
                              Even clear safety glasses will stop UV burns. I wear mine constantly when I'm around my guys while they weld. Even seeing the arc doesn't bother me, as long as I'm not staring at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X