Kaboom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaboom

Well, has anyone lit an oxy acc balloon today?

Balloons? Why didn't I think of that? The neighbors kept calling the cops when I was a kid because my dad would light 5-gal water bottles in the middle of the street.

Comment

a wile back some one posted a new papper artical abut a guy who was taking some of them to the ball game and blew up his car on the way.
      i like to shoot paint cans with a 12 gage with a canle behind them.
      i will have to dig you up a pic its great fun. probly best not to do this in the city, one more bonus to contry living.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

I like to cut and weld fuel tanks

Comment

It's drier than a popcorn fart here, the temperature is 93°, the humidity is 14%, and I'm surrounded by tall, dry grass.

I'll be down at the neighbor's pond for the 7/4 tube steak BBQ and safe-'n-sane fireworks display!

Have a safe, happy 4th, brethren!

Hank
          ...from the Gadget Garage
          Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
          Handler 210 w/DP3035
          TA185TSW
          Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

No, But yesterday my neighbor lit a bondfire with gasoline and got a helicopter ride to the burn center. He came home today all wrapped up ...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

When i was in high school shop class, the teacher lit a balloon filed with oxygen, it just popped. Then he light one filled with acc, it just popped with a flameup. Then he filled a smaller one with oxy and acc, it went KABOOOM hehehe. Dust fell from the shop ceiling.

Comment

hankj

oh shoure take the easy way out.
                enjoy the holidy, the work week will be back way to soon.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

Not a bad year so far. Only two houses on fire that I can see from my yard...

Comment

How about Acetylene bombs?

Acetylene will explode under compression at 14.5 psi (100 kPa). I haven't done this, but heard that if you put acetylene in a balloon, tie it shut, fasten a weight, and drop it in water; it will explode. It will have to sink to a depth of about 33.5 feet before the hydrostatic pressure reaches this level.

Anybody do this before?

Comment

I don't think it positively will explode. It's true it becomes unstable at pressures above 15 psi ( the reason it comes dissolved in acetone ). The bottle pressure of a full acet. tank is 250 psi. Granted the Acet. is dissolved there must still be some gas at the top of the tank.
                      Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
                      Millermatic Challenger 172
                      VictorO/A
                      Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
                      Esab PCM-875
                      Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Dry ice/soda bottles are just as loud and a whole bunch cheaper and safer.

Fill about 1/3 full of room temp water, add 4 pieces of dry ice (pellets), and close the cap, then throw. BOOM!
                        Syncrowave 250DX
                        Invison 354MP
                        XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                        Smith O/A rig
                        And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

What's that old saying?........

Oh ya...."A fool and his fingers are soon parted" ..................or was that money?

Millermatic 350P
                          Dynasty 200Dx
                          Hypertherm Powermax 1000
                          Victor Journeyman O/A
                          Offshore Mill and Lathe
                          Tunes to weld with by Peavey

Comment

Dry ice actually takes a little while to work up to "boom" pressure. The reason it pops at all is because the cold prevents the plastic from expanding until the threshold is reached and it blows apart like a balloon.

I'm not sure what force the shrapnel actually has, but it's rather light, so I imagine it to be minimal. You could poke an eye out if you weren't careful. Maybe even get scratched up.
                            Syncrowave 250DX
                            Invison 354MP
                            XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                            Smith O/A rig
                            And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Just remember that it's not fun and games unless someone loses an eyeball, or I think that's how it goes...

Comment

Working...
                              X