Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use...

Originally posted by Laiky
    despite some peoples poor opinion of aglevtech, i got a nice assortment of collets and cups from him. Another good source is McMaster Carr. they have collets cups and gas lenses at resonable prices although they dont carry lathanated.

Question: would 1/8 tung be better for general purpose alluminum welding than 3/32 ??
    1/8" zirconiated on aluminum over 3/16" thick, otherwise 3/32" does it for me. Since I have a square wave tramsformer machine, I get best results with zirc. tungs. I run anything from a ball end to a taper with a ball end. Always a ball end though.
    In the new year coming I'm getting the D200dx so I'll be using what most guys on these boards recommend for the inverter, and there's a lot of info here.

Comment

when you get the dyn. get a tryal mix from DG or Aglevtech and play a bit to see what you like. DG makes a try-mix thats suposed to be real nice too but it might be a bit high $$.
      i have found 2% lanthanated best for stel, SS, and aluminum, but thats just my liking's.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
        when you get the dyn. get a tryal mix from DG or Aglevtech and play a bit to see what you like. DG makes a try-mix thats suposed to be real nice too but it might be a bit high $$.
        i have found 2% lanthanated best for stel, SS, and aluminum, but thats just my liking's.
        I just might try the Try Mix! Seriously, I also presently use the Lanthanated (for my steel welding with a SW175), switching from thoriated and it was the best move I made. I'll never go back to thori. The cold and hot arc start is on the money with the Lanth. And there is a marked difference in arc control. I've concluded from what I read on these threads that either the Lanth. and Ceri. tungs are the only ones needed for both steel and aluminum welding with the D200dx, and basically any inverter. Would that be correct?

Comment

yep the cer.2% is really not meant for AC and can split. some have had this happen others have not but it was designed for DC only, the lanthanated is meant for both ac and dc and the 2% holds up to the heat of higher amps better than the 1.5%, and wile the 1.5% is supposed to provide a better star then the 2% i could not tell the difference in starts so i went with the 2% as it held up best to my work and looked new after i finished welding.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

i called diamond ground yesterday for samples, nice people! I asked for 2% lanth and tri-mix.
            Dynasty 200 DX
            Millermatic 175
            Spectrum 375
            All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Working...
            X