Brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass

Is the any way to weld a bras pipe to a stainless bushing???
    AEAD 200LE
    Millermatic 250
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Spectrum 625

Originally posted by fboggio1
    Is the any way to weld a bras pipe to a stainless bushing???
    Yes and it is called brazing. We would need a little more info ( material size, thickness, joint configuration, etc.) though to get you going in the right direction.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

I am trying to weld a 3/4 OD brass pipe inside of a stainless steel pipe bushing. The pipe is probably only about -1/16 thick. the bushing is just a bushing.
      AEAD 200LE
      Millermatic 250
      Syncrowave 180 SD
      Spectrum 625

Comment

Try a silicon-bronze filler. I've not used it on stainless-to-brass, but it works on steel-to-brass.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
          Try a silicon-bronze filler. I've not used it on stainless-to-brass, but it works on steel-to-brass.
          what he said
          The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

silver solder might be a good option depending on what you are using it for.

Comment

Just wondering the purpose? Does it have to be welded? There are other methods of mounting it all securely, depends on use and requirements.

Comment

My suggestion is not to weld it at all. The bushing needs to be a press fit and if you use Loctite bearing & bushing retaining compound to secure it in, you will be in good shape. The problem with welding the bush is, alot of them have a lubricant made into them which you would burn out.Also you are taking the chance of distorting it or burning it up.

Comment

Working...
                X