X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hankj
    replied
    Originally posted by tigman47
    The wp9 looks like the same size as my 17 torch, so whats the big difference ? Accersories ?
    9's are significantly smaller than 17's, wether is Weldcraft or CK or whatever.

Hank

Leave a comment:

• tigman47
    replied
    The wp9 looks like the same size as my 17 torch, so whats the big difference ? Accersories ?

Leave a comment:

• prscharestor
    replied
    Do a google search or look at weldmark.com for the wp-9, plenty of places that sell them. As far as water cooling, I never do more then 18 g sheet metal, small bits at a time, water cooling isn't in the plans for me, so the 9 torch seems the best option for small. precise work.

Leave a comment:

• tigman47
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now
    this might be a silly ?? as i may well be over looking some thing but why not just get a water cooled 160A mini torch and use it for every thing???
    http://www.arc-zone.com/catalog/web_...id=3383261_247
    I'm not getting a water cooler yet.

Anyone have pics of the wp- 9.

Barnett I could not find a lot of things for my 17 torch that came with my syncho 200

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    this might be a silly ?? as i may well be over looking some thing but why not just get a water cooled 160A mini torch and use it for every thing???
    Arc-Zone.com : Page Not Found - Connectors, Cable, & Adapters MIG Guns, Feeders & Parts Plasma Arc Cutting Plasma Arc Welding Purge Gas Equipment Remote Amperage Controls TIG Torches & Accessories Tungsten Electrodes Tungsten Electrode Grinders Water Coolers, Coolant & Parts Gas Flowmeters, Heaters, Mixers Stick Electrode Holders Shop Tools & Storage Apparel, Helmets & PPE Oxy Fuel Cutting & Welding Ground & Work Clamps TIG Welding Filler Rod Close-Out Products Welding Machines & Upgrades Weld Tables JIG & Fixturing Tools Automation & Positioners

other than not being able to use the gas saver setups is there any disadvantages to a smaller torch ????

i understand you don't have a cooler yet but was wondering for those that do or intend to get one.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn B
    replied
    Yep 9's & 17'S are way different in size the good thing is they use the same powercable so you can just switch the heads back n forth and not have to buy two separate torches

Leave a comment:

• prscharestor
    replied
    Originally posted by halbritt
    What's wrong with a WP-9? That's pretty much the standard in a small air-cooled torch.
    Don't know, that's what I am considering, just wondering why no one mentioned it and thought I was making a bad choice.
    David

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    Where's a good place to get the stubby collets? I tried to grind one down once. That did not work!!!
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• halbritt
    replied
    What's wrong with a WP-9? That's pretty much the standard in a small air-cooled torch.

Leave a comment:

• prscharestor
    replied
    I was thinking about the weldcraft WP9, switching from the #17. I just do sheet meta,l low amp stuff, and wanted a smaller torch with a flex-head as well. Is that a good choice?. It looks smaller then the 17... at least on paper.
    David

Leave a comment:

• barnett64
    replied
    How much Amperage do you need? Why can't you just get stubby collets and a short back cap for your existing torch?

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Blackplague
    replied
    Where are you welding that you need a small torch?

Leave a comment:

• tigman47
    replied
    I need one that can handle 125 amps

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by hankj
    Generally, a torch's rating is duty-cycle based. A 50-amp torch is good to go 100% of the time at 50 amps. My CK-9 is pretty small (thoguh not as small as the 50) and is a 150-amp rated torch. With the superflex cable, it's a pretty nice package.

Hank
    I can't exceed the duty cycle on my CK9 without burning my pinkies, I just today got the covers made for the CK9 & the CK20 so it's time to hookup the cooler and see how CL the CK20 runs.

Leave a comment:

• hankj
    replied
    Generally, a torch's rating is duty-cycle based. A 50-amp torch is good to go 100% of the time at 50 amps. My CK-9 is pretty small (thoguh not as small as the 50) and is a 150-amp rated torch. With the superflex cable, it's a pretty nice package.

Hank

Leave a comment:

Working...
X