it's here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys

the strap is no big deal, it just struck me as odd it would be slotted for one and not come with it??
    as for some one who sew's i will be makeing a cover for mine also and dought i would have used the strap but could put a nice one togathere for you if you want one. i will also offer up my cover after i get it desighed and a working pattern made. i was thinking along the lines of some thing with pockets to keep the torch and peddle in, i will be makeing it to alow acces to the handle so it can be caried, i like the way mu MM135 cover holds the gun and cables , it makes it easyer and safer to carry with the cords out of the way.
    the wife will have to set a $$$ after she makes mine so she knows how long it takes and how hard ot is to sew.i'll let ya all knowwhen we reach that stage.
    i am a bit behind in my chores as i been working on clearing out the shop to get it ready to be a shop insted of just a big storege shed, i atached a pic of the inside and one of my bigges chores i fell way behind on. check it out it will make ya feel beter about that chore you still need to do as it cant be as bad.
    by the way thats no camera trick its over 3 ft. tall
    i gota get the lil one off to the buss for school
    Attached Files
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Falling behind, I know the feeling as the temp here has been close to 100º by noon and not going below 70º at night ... normal for Phx but not for here ... By the time I get the wife off to work and the dog walked & breakfest for the kids done it's too late to go outside until about 6PM ... by that time it's time for the recliner and a few beers. Looks like you can make a nice shop outta that building.
      Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
      Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
      Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
      Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

i spent a good 10+ years in AZ.(Tucson) so i know all about the heat, i was building houses in it.i always figured your weather would be about the same??? not so i guess.
        get one of those big 64oz thermos mugs and fill it 1/2 with raspberry flavor ice and the other 1/2 with gator aid and you will be good to go.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

rmack898

big thanks for the water cooled torch, HW-18 is a lot of torch for such a little welder. it shore will be nice to have a torch ready when i finish the cooler.(guess i better get on that )looks like a 25 ft'er but i haven't rolled it out yet as I'm playing Mr.Mom with the i year old wile mom is at work and he wont let me put him down so with my back I'm mostly stuck in a chair. I'll take it with me when i go get gas and see what all i gotta get to hook it up. some one said they make fuses for them so I'll get one of them for shore.just rolled it out in the hall & living room, cool it is 25 ft. I'll roll it up after mom gets home .I'll never have to move the welder. maybe ill mount the welder to the roof and just take the torch where i need it . might look funny but would save floor space and work purity good i think. I'll look into that.
          big thanks again
          James
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          JAMES

Comment

Till you need to adjust something on the machine...

I really like my 25ft torch. Never have any problems getting it where it needs to go in my little workspace.
            Syncrowave 250DX
            Invison 354MP
            XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
            Smith O/A rig
            And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
              i spent a good 10+ years in AZ.(Tucson) so i know all about the heat, i was building houses in it.i always figured your weather would be about the same??? not so i guess.
              get one of those big 64oz thermos mugs and fill it 1/2 with raspberry flavor ice and the other 1/2 with gator aid and you will be good to go.
              Most of the summer it's about 85º or so with very low humidity, we are at 6500' so the most we need to worry about is the UV from the sun as it's not filtered as well as at lower altitudes. My old bladder wouldn't like a 64oz of anything I don't think. You can get a fused link for the CK Safe-Loc dinse connector that will work with most any W/C torch, I messed up when I bought my Safe-Loc for the #20 and only got the regular one without the fuse link. I have a pressure guage and a power light on the cooler I just hope I remember to turn it on before I start using the torch.
              Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
              Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
              Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
              Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

i think i will make my cooler 220V also so i can just have a disconnect for both cooler and welder, that way if i want to weld ill throw the disconnect powering them both up and down together. at the very least it will be on the same breaker. i kill all the breakers to the shop every night when i leave.
                weather sounds purity nice there no where near the heat i had in Tucson and Phoenix.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                JAMES

Comment

Fun,
                  Since your building a cooler, I figured you could use it. I know you'll put it to good use. Enjoy

Comment

Great to hear it`s arrived,you are overdue!

Comment

cool stuff in the mail

big thanks to Scott for a big oll box of practice SS and aluminum.
                      i also received some sanding disks for my 4 1/2" grinder and want to give a big thanks for that one too but got no return address to send it to i have never had the chance to try this type of disk due to the $$$$ i only get the $2 ones that you have to use the nut with and always hit the nut on stuff. been wanting to try them just couldn't justify the $$$ so again i shat thanks big time. the latest development is I'm on hold till the 21st for getting argon as both my son's B-Days are coming soon and we had to get the shopping for that out of the way wile the bigger one (about to be 7) was still in school so we spent my argon $$ on B-Day stuff, a small price to pay for having great kid's. they always come first so now I'll have time to work on getting a good design for a cover for the TA-185. I'm going to start work on it today so maybe the wife can do some stitch work on it by this week end.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

Working...
                      X