No announcement yet.

Dialarc Front Panel Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think you all are missing the point of what he is looking for, yes the manual tells him what the switches and dials do but i think he wants to know what the #'s around the dial are so he can have a clue as to where he is setting it when he starts a weld. right now he knows what dial adjusts the amps but has no ideal where 50 amps or 150 amps is at on the dial without the face plate labeling. it would be like trying to use a dyn 200 DX without the digital meeter working, OK you can turn it on even turn it up or down but have no idea what amps you are at?????

you might try e-mailing or calling miller they might be able to get you a photo copy of the front panel?? is the panel painted or is it a sticker?? perhaps you can get a sticker to go over the panel you have if its not a painted on thing?? an e-mail or call to the TIG department at Miller might get you something a lil more $$$ appropriate for your needs. they must have a old copy of a sails booklet on it showing the front panel.

good luck hope ya get the #'s ya need so you can start enjoying your new toy.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

The dial is only percentage. Straight up is 50%, half way between 50% and 100% would be 75% and so on. If you think about it a little you can figure it out.
      Millermatic 251, Miller DialarcHF 250 AC/DC Tig/Stick
      Miller Cutmate 375, Victor O/A rig
      Optrel Satelite Hood
      B2 Beverly Shear
      Metabo 7" grinder

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250
        couldn't agree more dyn88. another thing that should be concidered is mabey some of the people on this board don't know alot about welding in general and they come here to get answers......not sarcasm. Dave seems to be a hobyist looking to get his feet wet so to speak and mabey dosen't have (or dosen't want to) plunk down 4-6K for a Tig machine.

my father has a Dialarc but it's not the HF version, if you think it would help you out Dave i could try to rember to snap a pic of it the next time i go over there. for what it's worth Dave i have tried to use the old welders and they really aren't worth sinking a bunch of money into. i fixed up an old 330 A-BP and after a few hundred dollars in parts and a couple of afternoons spent on a custom paint job it repayed me by starting on fire the next time i used it. i will say it was the nicest looking piece on the pile when i hauled it to the scrap yard! if it works, great but i wouldn't spend alot on getting it into running condition if it dosen't.

good luck, and let me know if you want thoes pics.
        Dyn88, Fun4now, & Tigman,
        Thank you for understanding what I was looking for.

Tigman,
        I would apreciate it very much if you could post a picture for me!

As for the other nice folks who replied - I appreciate the help all of you have tried to offer. I do think that the manual for this machine is of poor quality. There are several typo's and misspellings as well as generalizations where, I thought, there should be specifics. But that does not reflect on my opinion of the Miller name or their equipment. In fact it is just the opposite. I have come to respect both and would recommend them to anyone. If someone was offended I am sorry, but it was not directed it to you personally.

I did not say it before, because I did not think it nessesary, but I would like to restore this machine if it is possible. Not necessarily to "shiny" condition -as one nice fellow put it - but back to clean and nice condition. I am, however, on a limited budget for what I can afford to spend. What I do have plenty of is time. So if I can get the job done with extra elbow grease and less money, I will. I'm sure that most of you can understand that.

If it was simply a matter of operating the unit, I never would have asked.

All I ever wanted was a picture of what the front panel is supposed to look like - nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you all for your replies.
        Dave

Comment

I may be throwing fuel on the fire but I would double check on getting a replacement. My local dealer orders new decals fairly regularly for used machines he takes in trade. What I mean is you should need a whole new panel but just the sticker for the front panel.
          Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
          Millermatic Challenger 172
          VictorO/A
          Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
          Esab PCM-875
          Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

Originally posted by tailshaft56
            I may be throwing fuel on the fire but I would double check on getting a replacement. My local dealer orders new decals fairly regularly for used machines he takes in trade. What I mean is you should need a whole new panel but just the sticker for the front panel.
            Dennis,
            Good idea! I will ask if they have a decal package available. Even if they only have them for the side logos, I will need them when it is time for paint.
            Dave

Comment

Dave went to Dads tonight and i'm afraid i won't be of much help, the controlls differ from his machine to yours alot. there is a lever on the left that switches from hi to low then of course the voltage adjust in the center. then you can change the taps to switch polarity or to A\C. forgot to take my camera but as soon as i saw thw pannel i knew i couldn't help you.
              The one that dies with the most tools wins

If it's worth having, it's worth working for

Comment

Originally posted by tigman250
                Dave went to Dads tonight and i'm afraid i won't be of much help, the controlls differ from his machine to yours alot. there is a lever on the left that switches from hi to low then of course the voltage adjust in the center. then you can change the taps to switch polarity or to A\C. forgot to take my camera but as soon as i saw thw pannel i knew i couldn't help you.
                Tigman,
                Dang! Thanks for looking though! I appreciate it.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
                  Tigman,
                  Dang! Thanks for looking though! I appreciate it.
                  Dave
                  I have an HF-P, same as yours. If you still haven't received a satisfactiory answer check out my website

http://bambam.gmu.edu/shop/page47.html

I'll be glad to send you close-up pictures of the entire panel --

Ray

Comment

Ray

nice looking old unit there, i like the web site you got going, looking forward to looking over the rest as soon as i get done here. thanks for sharing it with us.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
                    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by rasommer
                      I have an HF-P, same as yours. If you still haven't received a satisfactiory answer check out my website

http://bambam.gmu.edu/shop/page47.html

I'll be glad to send you close-up pictures of the entire panel --

Ray
                      Ray
                      Nice web site! If it's no trouble, a close-up picture or two would be appreciated.
                      Dave

Comment

Ray
                        Nice web site! If it's no trouble, a close-up picture or two would be appreciated.
                        Dave
                        No problem Dave. I'm on tarvel until Friday, but will take some nice close-ups this weekend. I'll have them for you by late Sunday evening.

Ray

Comment

Pictures

Ray
                          Dave
                          Hi Dave;

I sent the pics to your private e-mail address in a zip archive -- about 4MB size. I hope you receive them. If not please let me know and we'll find a way to post them somewhere on the web (i.e. photobucket.com)

Regards;
                          Ray

Comment

Hello Dave,
                            If you do not get the information you are looking for, I think I can find a picture out of a manual for the vintage you have. I don't think the face plates are available any more but with the correct manual, I think it should be easier to understand. If you want to give me a call at 920-831-4895 when you can be in front of the machine I will try to help you identify the controls and their functionality.
                            Gary
                            Miller Electric

Comment

still needing....

If you still need a good close-up, I have a Dialarc HF serial number HJ........that looks like has the same panel as yours. Panel looks almost new, just the yellow 'warning' label is faded a bit. I don't have my camera here at work, so if you still need a picture, I can get my camera and get some pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X