Spectrum 375

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fun4now
    any chance it will be self contained air supply or not ???? would seem a good contender to the new dragon cutmaster

No compressor or any little air bottles that you pump up to 10,000 psi to make
    it portable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown
      NEW neat stuff, of the same OLD neat stuff ?

Same old neat stuff. Had I pulled out the old Mastercard it would have been new to me. I did get a 2006 Lincoln catalog but like the lunch it was FREE. It was quite an Open House show. Miller, Esab, Thermaldyne, Hypertherm, Norton, Jackson and a few other venders. Lincoln had a small booth but Miller was stealing the show. Miller was loaded for bear in the 210 migs. 15 or 20 of them on display. Kirk Welding in Joplin will be hosting Miller this coming Wed. Miller is supposed to have their show truck there.
      Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TSW
      Millermatic Challenger 172
      VictorO/A
      Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
      Esab PCM-875
      Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill

Comment

New stuff

Info on the E-TREME.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the perfect companion for the Passport . I don't think it will be inexpensive though . June 1 release maybe?
          SolidWorks Premium
          SolidWorks Simulation Pro
          MM210 w/3035
          TA185TSW
          DG Piranha II
          Sharpie Deluxe
          Stars & Stripes BWE
          Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

Next time I ought to look at all the documentation before posting. the price difference is nominal. Passport owners get out you wallets.
            SolidWorks Premium
            SolidWorks Simulation Pro
            MM210 w/3035
            TA185TSW
            DG Piranha II
            Sharpie Deluxe
            Stars & Stripes BWE
            Blue Optrel Satellite

Comment

New 375 X-treme

I Gotta Get me one
              List price is 1495.00 without the case . 1525.00 with the case not too bad compared with the others in its class.
              only 200.00 more than a regular 375 they list at 1395.00
              miller says they are in production and should be in stock starting next week..
              Dynasty 200DX With TEC Superflex 9 & 17 Torches,
              Hypertherm 30A Plasma
              Rincoln SP130T Mig

Comment

I assuming the machine is based on a modification of the Maxstar 150, as is the Passport. Thats a heck of a design to morph into three such killer machines.
                Manny

Comment

Just go my info in from Miller including a little cardboard model (actual size) of the machine. 12" long, 5" wide, and 9" high. you could fit it in you pocket (almost) Can't wait to get my hands on one and try it out!!!

Something else I hadn't seen before---a short adaptor cord from a nema 6-50r to a 14-50p to make it easy to plug into an engine drive-- miller # 300 158--would be a good adition to any portable set up to easily be able to plug in most 240v stuff.

Comment

Sure would be nice to see Miller update the Maxstar 150 STH in a similar manner. MVP plug, sweeten the pulse offering and maybe try and get a little better performance on 6010, plus ship it in an X-case as well. It'd be perfect in my book. They also need to get on the stick and offer a 50 ft MVP extension cord to work with these great machines.
                    Manny

Comment

So, who'd been testing it and not telling us?

Comment

MVP is an upgrade? My Passport is always on an extension cord, so I have to use my Maxstar's NEMA 6-50 adapter on the OTHER end of the cord anyway. And the MVP's 15A configuration is used almost exclusively, even when I'm pulling 240V through my extension cord.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
                          MVP is an upgrade? My Passport is always on an extension cord, so I have to use my Maxstar's NEMA 6-50 adapter on the OTHER end of the cord anyway. And the MVP's 15A configuration is used almost exclusively, even when I'm pulling 240V through my extension cord.
                          Those adapters are handy, I was going to make one for the spectrum 375 (old style ) and decided to just change the coord to a 20' 10ga SO and put a NEMA 6-50 on the end. Now I need to make a adapter to go back to 15/20 amp 120V as I wanted to roll the machine to a friends and he only has 20amp 120V amp service.
                          Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                          Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                          Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                          Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

Sale pricing on 375 X-TREME

I just received the sales flyer for the Roadster Specials and the #907339 Spectrum 375 X-TREME w/case is listed for $1203.79. A larger version is supposed to follow shortly.
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Hypertherm 380

Comment

Originally posted by jpndave
                              I just received the sales flyer for the Roadster Specials and the #907339 Spectrum 375 X-TREME w/case is listed for $1203.79. A larger version is supposed to follow shortly.
                              I will be trying one out this Friday at a Airgas show.
                              I might try with it before Friday if I have some time.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jpndave
                                A larger version is supposed to follow shortly.
                                Okay, since selling my Spectrum 375 when I went out of business a few years ago, I haven't yet replaced it. SO, I'm planning on a Spectrum 2050 this year. Anything getting ready to replace it? It's the oldest of the plasma cutter model numbers, having the old convention (not the thousandths of an inch of the rated cut like all the other models.) Who knows what? Spill it!

Comment

Working...
                                X