A.J. Foyt slapping Arie Luyendyk, Hilarious video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.J. Foyt slapping Arie Luyendyk, Hilarious video

I love A.J. Foyt. He slapped Arie Luyendyk! here's a clip of it, in this video, freakin hilarious!

http://www.raceweekonline.com/videoa...mid=1001211742

I don't see any humour in that, foyt comes up from behind and slaps the back of his head? kinda cowardly don't you think.

Comment

I agree. Especially since I don't know the history behind these two guys, or what prompted that reaction, the video in itself is anything but hilarious.

Comment

Anybody know the back story?

Comment

i agree.....not very funny at all
          Miller Synchrowave 250
          OTC 300DM with external wire feeder
          Miller XLi Dale Sr., fibre metal hoods
          Metaltek of Ky. Inc.
          Home of the Stephensburg weld

Comment

Originally posted by bill5674
            The short version is that AJ Foyt is a hothead and a horse's *** and always has been. I don't remember the specifics, but he was mad about something Luyendyk did on the track that day. AJ thought Arie cut off AJ's driver or made him crash, something like that. AJ was mad at the world and needed somebody to slap.

JD

Comment

one of the things i enjoy and admire about racers is the comraderie and sportsmanship that rivals show, Foyt is just disgraceful.
              Dynasty 200 DX
              Millermatic 175
              Spectrum 375
              All kinds of Smith OA gear

Comment

Interesting to know more background. I don't follow IRL (I assume this is IRL?) so I didn't know.

The clip alone could be very similar to what happened between Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth at (was it Bristol?) this year. Gordon bumped Kenseth out of the way, Kenseth returned the favor a few laps later which happened to be the last lap. Gordon's top-five was turned into last place on the lead lap. Immediately after the race, Kenseth went to talk to Jeff and he still had his helmet on and started shoving Matt. It wasn't really in the nature of either driver, though Jeff has admitted he's more like that than he's shown in the past, and both apologized.

Looks like Foyt is just one of those guys, though, huh?

Comment

A J

I Am A Huge A J Foyt Fan And His No Bull**** Style But Rad Man You Are Right That Hit From Behind Was Nothing But Cowardly!

Comment

I was watching Jeff Gordon race the dakar, if his hummer hadn't broke down I think he could have taken the whole shootin match, he is faaaast!

Comment

Originally posted by RadMan
                      I was watching Jeff Gordon race the dakar, if his hummer hadn't broke down I think he could have taken the whole shootin match, he is faaaast!
                      That was Robbie Gordon. The last two yrs coverage of Dakar has pretty
                      much sucked. Need to get Toby Moody back, but that is just me.
                      L*S

Mac, the Gordon/Kenseth episode is the norm at the short tracks/bullrings, I think w/NASCAR's new rules of bump draft and the like is going to help, but I still don't care for short tracks.
                      Just my 2¢
                      L*S

Comment

Originally posted by CIRCLEBFAB
                        I Am A Huge A J Foyt Fan And His No Bull**** Style But Rad Man You Are Right That Hit From Behind Was Nothing But Cowardly!
                        You got that right about his no bull**** attitude, saw him once, while he was
                        still racing, jump out of the car snatch the wrench out of the hands of one of the pit crew and do the work his self, was naturally a lengthly pit, don't remember how that race turned out. He has been like that even when he was coming up down here on the dirt, he did manage to get away from the folded hanky in the mouth.
                        L*S

Comment

Originally posted by leons2003
                          That was Robbie Gordon. The last two yrs coverage of Dakar has pretty
                          much sucked. Need to get Toby Moody back, but that is just me.
                          L*S
                          Yes, thank you, Robbie Gordon it was, the baja guy.(I gotta quit weldin galvanized)
                          Toby is the brit announcer guy?

Comment

Originally posted by bill5674
                            In June of 1997 Billy Boat won the first IRL race at Texas Motor Speedway with Davey Hamilton running second. Foyt was the owner of both of these cars and to run 1, 2 was a big deal to a team that hadn’t had a lot of success. Unfortunately there had been a scoring error and in fact Arie Luyendyk won the race. Luyendyk had entered victory lane to protest the results when Foyt lost it and attacked poor old Arie from behind(as the video shows). A few days later after reviewing the race and scoring sheets the IRL acknowledged the error and declared Luyendyk the winner.

Flash forward to “Bump Day” 2005 at the Indy 500. Arie Lyendyk "Jr." is on the bubble with only a short time left in qualifying. Foyt makes a last minute deal with Felipe Giafone to drive a spare Foyt car and ends bumping Arie Jr. from the race. There are those that say Foyt was getting even for that 1997 race in Texas when Arie Sr. bumped Billy Boat from the winners circle…………… and now you know the rest of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by RadMan
                              Yes, thank you, Robbie Gordon it was, the baja guy.(I gotta quit weldin galvanized)
                              Toby is the brit announcer guy?
                              Yes sir, tis true.
                              L*S

Comment

Working...
                              X