• Show
Clear All

• ross
    replied
    The autoline sounds like a bunch of crickets

Leave a comment:

• farmboy weldor
    replied
    my mistake, i have gotten so used to the dynasty being the norm in tig welders in my life, ive mixed up the specs on it, i forgot that the hf stops after the arc is initiated. sorry about that mix up if anyone read my information

Leave a comment:

• slag magnet
    replied
    Thanks. I'll try some DC today and see if the noise goes away. I just want to be sure that there isn't a problem.

Slag-

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    A tidbit on the HF with the Dynasty series: The HF is only used to start the arc on AC or DC. Once the arc is initiated the HF drops out.

Leave a comment:

• HAWK
    replied
    Originally posted by slag magnet
    Hooked up my DX200 today. I'm a first time TIG welder so I am not clear on the proper everything but......I set up for aluminum per the manual and when I drew an arc, it sounds like a science fiction movie, like something in Frankenstein with those huge electric generators. Is this typical for invertig TIG (HF start)

The noise is normal for AC welding with the Dynasty. I always wear earplugs when welding on AC-even with the Syncrowaves which are a bit quiter.

The high pitched whine at idle is the "Auto-Line" circuitry. It drives my cat nuts!

Leave a comment:

• millermania
    replied
    Yeah, they all have this soft high-pitched whine.

Leave a comment:

• farmboy weldor
    replied
    thats the sounds of the hf, but the most noise you hear is the current alternating from positive to negative, this only occurs is AC currents ofcourse, if you switch to dc you will here its nearly silent.

Leave a comment:

• slag magnet
    started a topic Dynasty 200 'science fiction' noise

Dynasty 200 'science fiction' noise

Hooked up my DX200 today. I'm a first time TIG welder so I am not clear on the proper everything but......I set up for aluminum per the manual and when I drew an arc, it sounds like a science fiction movie, like something in Frankenstein with those huge electric generators. Is this typical for invertig TIG (HF start)
Working...
X